Chapter 18

"Waking up in Unexpected Places"   

Samantha’s POV:

            I woke up with my face pressed into something warm and hard. It felt nice so I snuggled into it and took a deep breath. It smelled familiar but I was still to sleepy to try and figure out what it was. I tried to turn over and felt something constrict around my waist. I slowly opened my eyes and looked down. I saw that it was an arm wrapped around my waist. I quickly looked up and looked right into Ryder’s face.

            At first I was confused. Then I remembered that I had fallen asleep here last night. I saw that he was sound asleep so I took the chance to look at him. His hair was falling into his face. His mouth was closed and he was smiling a little bit. I saw that I had unknowingly put my hand on his hip and stared down at it.

            He felt warm. It was like his body was giving off heat. I noticed that my leg was trapped between his and tried to pull it out. I felt him shift and I was able to pull my leg out. When I looked back at Ryder his eyes were open and staring at me.

            “Hey,” I said quietly.

            “Hey,” he said as he pushed the hair off of my face.

            “This is a little weird,” I said.

            “Just a little,” he said with a charming smile.

            “Well isn’t this interesting,” I heard. We both jumped up in the bed and looked over. I saw Bailey and Chase standing in the doorway with very smug smiles.

            “Hey guys,” I said almost guiltily.

            “What are you doing here,” Bailey asked me.

            “Well we hung out last night then we came here and started watching a movie. I guess we fell asleep,” I said.

            “Really,” she asked looking right at me.

            “I swear,” I said.

            “So what were you doing last night,” Chase asked as they moved into the room and shut the door.

            “We went to get these,” I said as I stood up and lifted my shirt.

            “Holy shit,” Bailey said excitedly. She came over to run her hands over it. “That’s awesome.”

            “I know. Where’s the lotion at Ryder,” I asked him.

            “On the table,” he said gesturing. I grabbed it off of the table and applied it again. It instantly felt better.

            “You get one to,” Chase asked Ryder.

            “Yeah,” he said as he stood up and turned around.

            “Nice,” Chase said nodding his head.

            “Do you need this,” I asked shaking the bottle at him.