Chapter 17

"Getting Tattooed"

Samantha’s POV:

            I was lying in my bed staring at the ceiling.  I could hear my TV playing music in the background but I was kind of blocking it out. I closed my eyes and felt sleepiness wash over me. I was like that for a few minutes when I felt like someone was standing over me. I could even feel someone’s breath on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and saw someone’s face close to mine. I opened my mouth to scream but a hand was pressed over it.

            “Calm down,” I heard a familiar voice whisper. I pushed his hand off and glared at him.

            “Ryder what the hell is wrong with you,” I said as sat up.

            “It was funny,” he said with a shrug as he sat down beside me.

            “How did you get in here,” I asked.

            “The window,” he said pointing.

            “Why would you come in the window?”

            “It seemed like fun,” he said shrugging.

            “I think you may be crazy,” I said slowly.

            “A little bit,” he said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

            “So what are you doing here,” I asked. I felt a little weird about his arm being around my shoulders but I chose to ignore it.

            “It’s time to go out,” he said.

            “Where,” I asked.

            “You’ll see,” he said as he stood up and reached his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me up off of the bed. He started walking towards the door but I stopped him.

            “How are we gonna explain why you’re walking from my room,” I asked.

            “Just say we were hanging out,” he said with a shrug as he opened the door and walked out. Skylar had just walked out of her room and smiled when she saw us.

            “Hey guys,” she said as she walked over towards us.

            “Hey little bit,” Ryder said as he smiled down at her.

            “Where are you guys going,” she asked.

            “Somewhere secret,” Ryder said.

            “Can I come,” she asked.

            “Not to this place,” he said shaking his head.

            “Ok. See ya later,” she said as she walked into the bathroom.

            “Come one,” he said as he pulled me down the stairs. We didn’t see my parents so we hurriedly walked out the door before anyone saw us. I saw his truck and ran for it. He climbed in a few minutes later and started up the truck.