Chapter 14

"The Date"

Samantha’s POV:

            I was sitting on my bed looking at my closet. I had already taken my shower and blow dryed my hair. All I had to do was get dressed and do my hair and makeup. I was supremely nervous though. This was my first date in almost a year.

            “Hey,” Skylar said as she came in ad shut the door behind her.

            “Hey,” I said back.

            “What are you doing” she asked.

            “Getting ready for a date,” told her with a small smile.

            “With Ryder,” she asked excitedly.

            “No. His name is Chris,” I told her laughing.

            “Oh. I guess that’s cool to,” she said with a smile. “Why aren’t you getting dressed?”

            “I don’t know,” I said as I stood up and walked over to my closet. I opened it and started looking through my clothes. I pulled out a light blue dress that fell to my knees and held it up against me.

            “That’s cute,” Skylar said nodding. I laid it out on the bed and walked over to find my strapless bra. After I put it on I grabbed the dress and slid it over my head. When it was on I walked over to my full length mirror and looked. I thought it looked pretty good. So I grabbed my brush and brushed my hair out. I decided to just leave it down. I parted it to the side and made sure it looked good. Then I grabbed my makeup bag and went to work.  Ten minutes later I was done and turned to show my sister.

            “You look great,” she said with a smile.

            “Thank you,” I said as I went back to my closet to get some shoes. I found a pair of light blue wedge heels and slid them on.

            “Hey sweetie. There’s a young man downstairs for you,” my mom said as she walked into my room. I took a deep breath and felt butterflies explode in my stomach.

            “Ok,” I said trying to calm down.

            “Who is he,” she asked.

            “His name is Chris. We’re going on a date tonight.”

            “He’s very handsome,” she said nodding.

            “I know,” I said smiling. “I guess I’d better get down there.”

            “I guess so,” she said as she pushed me in the back to start me off. I slowly walked out the door and made my way down the stairs. I saw Chris standing right inside the doorway looking nervous. He looked great though. He had on nice dark washed jeans and a dark blue button up that was rolled up to his elbows. His hair seemed a little wet and it was brushed out nice.

            “Hey,” I said when I hit the bottom step.

            “Wow,” he said looking me up and down. “You look great.”