Chapter 4

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! 

Sage slowly got out of bed and walked over to her closet. She threw on the same t-shirt from yesterday and a pair of bell-bottom jeans.

“Good Luck!” Sage heard Abbay yell as she made her way to her car. 

“Thanks,” she mumbled. 

Halfway to the doctor’s, she realized she’d forgotten the form that she gave to Abbay.

“Damn it,” She muttered and found a place to make a U-turn.

She finally made it back to the Wilson’s and marched up to the door. If she hurried, she could still make the appointment. After the second doorbell ring, Abbay came to the door.

“Hello, Sage! Back already?”

“No, actually. I need that form from yesterday.”

“Oh right! I’ll be right back with the form.” Abbay rushed inside the house and was back within minutes. “Here you go,” she handed the papers to Sage. 

“Thanks.” With that she took off towards her car. After speeding on highway, Sage arrived at the doctor’s. Heather was at her computer behind the counter typing. She immediately looked up when Sage walked up to the front desk. 

“Sage! How are you?”

“Good, I’m doing well. I’m here for my appointment.”

“Yes, let’s go back then.” 

Sage followed Heather into a different one than yesterday. This one was also very white, but with a large machine and a desk.

“Put this on,” Heather pointed at a paper-like dress that stopped mid-thigh.

“Okay,” Sage did as she was told.

“Dr. Mosco will be in here in just a few minutes.”

“Okay, um, Heather?”

“Yes?”

“Do you have children?”

Heather looked down for a moment but soon replied, “Yes, I do. Or I did.”

Before Sage had time to ask what that meant, Dr. Mosco walked in. He was tall, about 6 foot. His short blonde hair was tucked delicately behind his ears and his blue tie complimented his ocean blue eyes. He is gorgeous, Sage thought to herself.