SIXTEEN

"IT'S LIKE SHE HAS THIS," SABRINA PAUSED " LUCK. ALL THE TIME. AND IT GETS HER EVERYTHING SHE WANTS" She explained to her new acquaintance. "Like, when we were in France, she just found this cute guy and hooked up with him. No awkward flirting, no rejection. Ever"

Sam listened to her speak about Donna. He thought they were good friends and she wasn't talking about her highly.

"And she got Bill just like," she snapped her fingers "That. He wanted her all along and just led me on for three weeks. Only to go and invite my friend on a romantic sunset cruise" After running her fingers through her hair, Sabrina placed her forehead in her hands.

There was a moment of silence between the two of them until Sam finally spoke up, squinting at the sun reflecting off of the waves.

"Sabrina, I'm really sorry. That sucks, and I know it's unfair to you..." He paused, thinking of how to say what he wanted to say "But you seem like a lovely girl and if the most handsome stud in Europe doesn't see that and ditches you for someone else, he's not the one for you"

She lifted her head before glancing at the person next to her and then mimicked his squint at the waves.

"Thanks, and I know I've been kind of unfair to you. In the sense of that I'm downplaying Donna for sleeping around...which is fine," Sabrina quickly backtracked "Donna can do Donna. But I'm talking badly about her. And you cared about her, and you're going through the same thing I'm going through and I'm not letting you share your side of the story"

"Sabrina, it's really alright" He glanced at his lap and to the girl next to him. "She seemed really nice and beautiful and intelligent and she had the greatest attitude, every day" Sabrina nodded as he listed adjectives of her friend.

Sam paused, inhaling and exhaling as he moved his glance back to the waves crashing on the shoreline.

"I know she had a life before she came to the island and went to France, like you said, but she told me that she wanted to move here with me"

Sabrina's eyes widened as she looked at her nails, "Were you going to do it? I mean if you weren't... you know..."

"Engaged?"

"Yeah. If you weren't engaged"

"I was, I would do it if I wasn't engaged. Or if I didn't have an amazing job back home in London"

"You're from London?"

"Born and raised. Why?"

"I'd like to move there someday" She smiled to herself and tilting her head up. Not only did she see the blue waves glimmering in the late-afternoon sun, but she saw a small boat on it's way to where the dock was. 

Donna had left with Bill yesterday around this time and honestly, Sabrina wasn't sure when they'd be back. 

"Hey, Sam?"

"Can I meet you at the bar later tonight, before you leave tomorrow?"

"Sure, could you try to talk to Donna for me?"

"Not sure she would want to talk to me after what I'm about to do" She stood, never moving her glance from the boat on the ocean. Standing and wiping the dirt or sand off of her back end, she looked down at Sam. 

With a smile and a wink, Sabrina ran down to the dock.

WOOOoooooOW can you guys believe we made it to 11k???

its crazy and i want to thank each and every one of you readers for getting this fic this far.
sorry for scarce updates but I just started school sooooo theyll continue to be that way