Dangerous to Dream

Elsa POV

I can't be what you expect of me. But I'm trying every day with all I do and do not say. Here on the edge of the abyss knowing everything in my whole life has lead to this and so I pull inside myself. Close the walls and put up my guard. I've practiced every single day for this so why is it so hard? 

Because I can't show you I'm not as cold as I seem. There are things you cannot know and it's dangerous to dream. I know I'll never see that sunny day when this trial is finally through and it could just be me and you. I can't dwell on what we've lost and our secrecy and silence comes at such a cost.

 I wish I could tell the truth. Show you who's behind the door. I wish you knew what all this pantomime and pageantry was for. I have to be so cautious and you're so extreme. We're different, you and I and for me it is dangerous to dream. 

It's dangerous to wish I could make choices of my own. Dangerous to even have that thought. I'm dangerous just standing here. For everyone to see it I let go of rules. Who knows how dangerous I'd be? Maybe I shouldn't live anymore because I am so dangerous. 

"Your Majesty, the gloves" said a servant. I took off my gloves. Why right now would I make this mistake? How could I let my concentration break? Conceal...Don't feel....

"Queen Elsa of Arendelle" said the Bishop. "Queen anointed. Our chosen daughter. Our blessed queen behold!" responded the people. I can't believe that I'm standing here. Did I really make it through? "Father I did it" I whispered to myself looking at my people. Now, what do I do? 

I can't stop smiling, how strange. Does this mean that things are different? Could they really change? And could I open the door and finally see you face to face? I guess the queen can change the rules but not the reasons they're in place. 

I can't be what you expect of me and I'm not what I seem but I would love to know you. Is it dangerous to dream?