THE RAPE CASE 13 (THE END)

(THE END)

At office the following day, Tèmítópé could not concentrate as the image of the past kept on coming to her imagination, how Temiloluwa used to be very caring and passionate about her, how they used to play and play till there was no time to play again but sleep, how she was so madly in love with him until the day the hell let loose and inevitable occurred, when Temiloluwa begged for sex but she refused, but because they were at his apartment, he had his way forcefully, making it a rape action. She was angry with him until she saw him in prison and she could not stand his condition, she was about pleading on his behalf when her father ordered his release because of a family tradition after which Temiloluwa ran away, leaving Tèmítópé heartbroken until the rape case brought their path together again. "But why did he do it?" She asked herself standing up to go for lunch, even though she did not have appetite, she just wanted to leave the office environment to at least stop thinking of Temiloluwa.

Without wasting much time, she arrived at her destination in her portable pink colored Kia Picanto, she was warmly welcomed by the security man there, being a regular customer. "Welcome mama the law, I can't wait to commit a crime of falling in love with you, so you can be my lawyer" he said to her as he opened the door for her to enter. "Hmmm, really?" She said as they both laughed while she entered. But to her surprise, she met something totally different. The whole place was designed with her favorite color, Pink, sitting down gallantly was her daddy and mom. "What's going on here?" She asked with no one to answer her. Before she could take the next step, a sit also dressed in pink was given to her to sit on by a lady also dressed in pink, she was now feeling uncomfortable but the feeling grew when a set of violin players appeared playing solemn romantic note and as she was about looking at her parents there appeared Temiloluwa with a pink tie and pink jacket with white shirt. "Tèmítópé, mistakes were created to be made, and with you I have made one, offenses were created to be committed and with you I have committed one, likewise love was created that we may express it to one another and this I have and I am willing to forever passionately express to you, don't be so surprised because you deserve much more than this. I know I have wronged you but that was history, because with you I want to start a new story, a new story of love, or probably a continuation, I can go on and on but in the presence of your parents I am asking you from the bottomless pit of my heart that...will you marry me?"

He said while on his knees and the music was going on. With tears in her eyes, Tèmítópé looked at her parents and they nodded. "Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!" Where the tears came from Temiloluwa did not know, all he knew was on his cheeks were erosion of tears of joy overflowing. "All thanks to the Rape case" Tèmítópé father said as they all laughed. "Tell me the truth, ABSOL composed that poem" Tèmítópé said while she hugged him. "Yes, but I requested for it." "I love you" they both said simultaneously. And they lived happily ever after.

Written by OLUWSOLA ABIOLA ELISHA - ABSOL a proud final year student of the Respectable department of International Relations, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.

THANK YOU FOR READING AND FOLLOWING