THE RAPE CASE PART 12

"Mom! You are shouting" she said to her mom, adjusting herself on the bed. "Why will I not shout, àbí oò gádùn ni, is he not the same idiot that forcefully took away your virginity when you were in school?" "Yes ma, but he's not an idiot, his name is Temiloluwa" she sai to her mom as a matter of correction. "Ara re ò yá, the rape your father withdrew back then because of the traditions of your father's house?" "Yes ma but I already said it was not a rape..." "Then what was it? Did he not force you? Or you opened your legs willingly for him?" She said to her, now speechless. "And what did you do when you saw him?" She said to her facing her properly on the bed. "I walked out on him, more so he was the one in charge of the just concluded rape case" she said to her mother. "Rapist in charge of rape case..." "Mom stop! He's not a rapist" "then admit you still love him still" "God forbid, no o, love him bawo..." "Gbé enu e soun, why then are you defending him" said her dad entering uninvited as well. "You know I can still reopen the case, because I have my evidences" her father said coming closer to them. "Is this a planned something?" She said in surprise. "How does that one now concern me, you don't want to marry again abi, you know since when you've been waiting for him?" Her mother said looking away to her father. "Thank you aya mi, or have you forgotten you can't marry any other man except him? And the same thing with him?" He said to her. ", But..." "There's no but anywhere, go and bring him into this house as your husband period!" They said to her as they walked away hand in hand. "Oya let us go and continue from where we stopped jare" said her father to her mother as they both laughed away out of her room.

Just as she was about putting herself to bed, her phone rang, the caller was a strange number, she was reluctant to pick it but she did. "Hello Tèmítópé, sorry to call you this late, please don't forget to bring the file we talked about tomorrow, they will reopen the case soon." And instantly she got the caller - her colleague at work. "Alright, good night."

To be continued...