Beginning of the End

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

As I lay next to Gracie on an old, tore up mattress, I looked over to see that my dad and Jason were fast asleep on two chairs that were sitting on the opposite side of the small building. I don't know how long I had been awake. Why would I? We didn't exactly have a plausible way to tell time. The only thing that I was aware of was that it was dark, very dark, and it had been that way for a while now too. I sighed and rolled over on the uncomfortable mattress. I tore my gaze away from the crumbling ceiling and towards the front of the building where the door was. Sitting up, I put on my boots and made my way over to the small glass structure. I quietly pushed it open and made my way out into the warm night air. Optimus still hadn't returned yet, and honestly I was starting to worry. I sighed and shook my head, hoping that he was okay.

The stars were shining bright in the night sky, the glow of the full moon making it slightly brighter. I sat down against the side of the building and brought my knees up to my chest. A small breeze blew by causing me to shiver. I hugged my knees to my chest. I looked up at the stars, my sweet mother instantly making her way into my thoughts. I sighed sadly.

"Why'd you have to leave us mom?" I whispered to myself, letting a few tears escape my eyes.

I sniffed and looked down to at the ground.

"Everything is so different without you here," I cried.

"Can you believe the mess we've gotten ourselves into?" I chuckled, thinking about being in the middle of all this alien shit.

It was truly unbelievable and it was honestly one of the most frightening things I've ever had to endure. I looked back up at the sky. I forced a small smile and let a few more tears make their way down my face.

"I miss you so much, mom. So so much. I'll never in my life understand why you were taken away from me so soon. I just really can't deal with this. It's just too much to handle. Why can't you just come back to us?" I silently cried, still looking up at the sky.

"I just need a sign, mom. A sign that you're here with me, here with us. . a sign that everything's gonna be okay," I whispered.

My eyes flickered to a movement in the sky. I smiled widely as three shooting stars made their way through the sky. For now, that was enough to reassure me. I wiped away my tears and stood up, quietly heading back into the building.

I removed by boots and lay back down next to Gracie on the old mattress. I stared at the ceiling for about fifteen minutes before finally drifting off to sleep.

_________________________________

I felt myself shaking. I jumped up only to meet the eyes of my older brother. I looked at him before laying back down.

"What do you want, scrub?" I asked him, burying my face into the dusty pillow.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me up. I groaned in response.

"Get up and put your shoes on. Optimus is outside. We're leaving," he said to me before walking out the building door.

I groaned and grabbed my boots from the floor before slipping them on. I walked out of the building to see Gracie, Jason, and my dad all crowded around Optimus Prime.

"What's going on?" I asked no one in particular.

They turned their attention towards me. I continued walking.

"We must get to my Autobots before it is too late," Optimus told me.

I nodded in understanding.