Reunited

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I woke up to a bright light. Sitting up, I noticed it was the sun shining through the window. I grunted in annoyance and pulled the curtains shut. As I looked around, I saw that I was still on the couch in the family room. Jason or dad didn't think to even carry me up to my room. .how nice. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. It was 12:18. My eyes widened when I realized that Gracie would be here in a few hours. I quickly got up and ran to the bathroom to shower.

After I got out of the shower, I ran to my room to get dressed. I put on a pair of white jean shorts, a grey flowy tank top along with a light wash denim jacket and my grey ankle boots. Once I finished getting dressed I walked downstairs to find that I was the only one here yet again. I sighed and went outside to get the mail, groaning as I looked through the countless bills. My eye caught sight of a letter from the University of Texas. Smiling, I ripped open the envelope only to be disappointed as I read that I hadn't been accepted.

"No financial aid. Of course," I mumbled to myself as I walked towards dad's lab.

When I walked in I saw him sitting down at his little work area tinkering with one of his new toys.

"Final notice, late notice, past due," I read as I tossed the envelopes down onto the table next to him.

He looked up at me.

"Dad, what is all of this stuff anyway?" I asked picking up what looked like some ancient music player.

"This is the stuff that's gonna help you get through college. Yanno, as long as you land one of those scholarships. I fix it, I get paid. Very simple," he remarked.

Typical smart ass. I rolled my eyes at him.

'A little too late for the optimism, dad,' I thought to myself.

"Whatever you say," I told him, throwing the music player into his "fix it" bin. "Anyway, where's Jason?" I asked him.

He barely looked up from his little robot thing to answer me.

"He's at a friend's house," he told me.

I nodded my head and turned towards the truck which was sitting on a pedastal surrounded by lifts, ladders, and a bunch of tools.

"So how's it going with the truck?" I asked him as I studied the huge hole in the radiator.

"I don't know. All I've done so far is take out the engine, but tomorrow I'm going to continue working on it to see what I can find," he said.

"Ah, good luck with that," I commented back still staring up at the truck.

The sound of a car horn tore me from my trance and my dad looked up from his work just long enough to figure out that Gracie had arrived. I ran towards the door to see Gracie stepping out of a cab.

"Gracie!" I yelled as I ran up to her and squeezed her into a tight hug.

"Rosalie!" she laughed as she squeezed me back just as hard.

We both let go of each other and smiled.

"Oh my gosh, you really don't know how happy I am to see you!" I told her as I picked up one of her suitcases and walked toward the house while she followed suit behind me.

"I'm equally as happy to be here. It's so beautiful down here," she said while looking around at the surrounding Texas landscape.

I laughed at her awestruck face.

"Come on. Let's get your stuff inside and then we can go out and see my dad and then maybe go do something afterwards," I told her as we walked into the house.

She nodded and sat her bags down in the family room while looking around.

"Wow. .your house is so big, Rosalie," she said in a small voice.

I chuckled at her and picked up her suitcases.

"It's actually really not," I replied as I walked up to my room to sit her suitcases down.

She appeared in the doorway a few moments later.

"I actually think that I could get used to being here for the next two weeks," she laughed and plopped down onto my bed.

I just looked at her and shook my head.

"How about we go talk to my dad? I'm sure he'd be upset if you didn't say hi to him," I told her as I walked out of my room.

She chuckled as she ran up beside me. We walked out of the house and into dad's lab. He was still in the same place as he was fifteen minutes ago.

"Dad, Gracie's here. You gonna stop working long enough to say hi?" I asked him.

He finally looked up and smiled at Gracie. He put the tools he was working with on the table and walked over to Gracie who greeted him by giving him a small hug.

"Hi, Mr. Stalin." Gracie said releasing herself from the hug.

"Hello Gracie," my dad greeted her before he went to sit back down at his workplace.

I watched Gracie as her eyes searched around the building. She stopped as her gaze met the beat up truck in the center.

"Um, why is there a giant truck in the middle of your garage type building thingy?" she asked me.

I sighed.

"My dad got it thinking he could make money from it," I said and scoffed.

My dad gave me a look.

"You know that I can hear you right?" he asked with his brow raised.

I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Yes, I do. That's why I said it. But, anyway, is it okay if Gracie and I go do something or whatever? It's super boring and I really don't want to be in this house all night." I told him.

He looked up at me and sighed, reaching into his pocket as he took out the keys to his 2013 Silverado and handed them to me.

"I expect you both home by 10, okay?" he said.

I rolled my eyes but nodded anyway. I was eighteen. Why did I need a curfew in the first place?

"Of course, daddy. Don't stay up too late! We'll be back. Love you!" I called as Gracie and I walked out to the truck.

"Are you ready?" I asked her excitedly as I turned the truck on and and blasted the radio.

The song 'Chandelier' by Sia was on. It may have been an old song, but it was still fun to listen to so I wasn't really complaining. Gracie smiled, turning up the radio as she did.

"Ready," she said.

I put the truck in gear and smiling, I drove down the road ready for the night ahead. It was great to finally be reunited with my best friend.

*The first couple of chapters are going to be rather short. I promise that they'll get longer as the story proceeds. Don't forget to comment and vote please.*