Wanna Go For A Ride?

When my brother went home, I still wasn’t talking to Michael. After watching them leave, I brushed passed him and went to my room. My brother and I had spent most of his remaining time here together, joking around and playing on the beach with Luke close by keeping an eye on us. Michael was in a sulking, pensive mood. The bond came back an hour after I woke up from the pills and he was leaving it completely open. That only meant he knew what he was doing before. I didn’t linger long on that thought, not wanting to consider what it meant.

My dreams had eased up after spilling my guts to my brother but I still had that one dream. The one where Aidan killed me. I couldn’t shake that one and I had a feeling I never would.

Michael knocked on my door. “Can I come in?”

“No.”

He stayed quiet for a moment. “Are you going to stay in there for the rest of the month?”

“Yes.”

“Georgiana…”

“I’m mad at you, Michael. Accept it.”

“Can’t I do anything…?”

“No.”

I heard a thunk on the door and I imagined it was his head.

“You’re going to make me stew, aren’t you?”

“Yup.”

“How long?”

“Until I’m ready to talk to you.”

“Do I get a time frame?”

“Do you need one?”

“Please.”

I got up off my bed and walked over to the door. “Are you even sorry?”

“Of course I’m sorry! I’ve apologized…”

“I mean it, Michael. Are you sorry?”

I heard three soft thunks on the door, repetitive head banging. It made me smile a little.

“Yes. I mean it.”

“Grovel.”

“What?”

“Grovel. Beg me to forgive you.”

“Georgiana…”

“Do you want me to forgive you?”

“Yes…”

“Then grovel.”

“Isn’t it more affective if I’m actually in your presence while doing it?”

I suppressed a giggle. “You have to figure out a way through the door first because I’m not opening it and I’ll never forgive you if you do.”

It was quiet on the other side.

“Michael?” I frowned. “Michael?”

I opened the door and he wasn’t there. I was disappointed. I closed the door to my room and when I turned around I found Michael standing in front of the door that led out onto the balcony.

“That’s cheating,” I said.

“You didn’t specify which door. You just said if I opened that door.”

“I don’t think I said that either…”

He walked over and got down on his knees in front of me. I propped my hands on my hips and tried to hide my smile.

“Georgiana.” He took my hand. “I know I messed up. I made you feel worse when you already felt bad. I jumped the gun on scolding you. I have a problem with waiting. But I would be indebted to you if you forgive me because being without your presence for the past couple days was excruciating. Please, forgive me and invite me back to your bed. It’s been cold without you.”