Heartache and Angel Talk

I stayed completely still and quiet after I woke up. My mind was still a bit fuzzy on the details and I didn't know where I was.

"She should be awake soon. The drug has worked its way out of her system."

I didn't know that voice. I didn't know where I was. I didn't like this.

"Αγάπη?"

My eyes popped open and my vision was blurry.

"Michael?"

I blinked a few times to clear it and there he was. He was so beautiful. His crystal blue eyes sparkled at me as tears filled his eyes.

"Hey," he said softly, a happy/sad smile spreading across his face.

He took my hand and kissed my knuckles. They were scratched up and I couldn't remember how they'd gotten that way.

"What...happened?"

I felt like I was talking through cotton and my mouth was completely dry.

"What do you remember?"

"I don't...it's all fuzzy." I put a hand to my forehead and closed my eyes. "I can't..."

"It's ok," he said, taking my other hand. "Don't worry about it."

I tried to sit up but I was strapped down across the chest.

"Michael...what's...?"

"Look at me, Αγάπη." I looked at him. "I need you to tell me something."

"Ok..."

"What did I get you for Christmas?"

"What? What kind of question is that? Why am I strapped to a table?"

"Αγάπη, answer the question."

"A snow globe."

He nodded. "What was inside?"

"Robin Hood and Maid Marian. Michael," I said desperately, "what's going on?"

He held my one hand while he undid the straps and helped me sit up. I groaned as a headache flared to life.

"Why do I feel like the seven dwarves are pounding away at my skull?"

Michael laughed as did someone else. I looked at him and frowned.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Sword and Arrow's main physician."

"Right..." I touched my head and saw the bruises around my wrists. "Michael..."

"It's ok," he said. "We had to restrain you for a while."

"Why?"

"You were hallucinating," the physician said.

"Hallu—oh."

That's when I remembered. I closed my eyes and tried to sort through it all. The car crash, the hallucinations, the pain, and the fight of the two Aidans.

"Aidan..."

"He's fine," Michael said.

"There were two of them...him..."

"No..." Michael shook his head. "It was a hallucination."

"Jason turned into Aidan to gain access to the hotel," I said, squeezing my eyes closed. "He took me and then the hallucinations...to me there were two of him...them."

I touched my head, the dwarves doing double time now.

"So that's what you meant..." Michael said. "You kept insisting the boy wasn't who he said he was."