Till Kingdom Come Pt. 1

After our little chat, my brother knocked on the door and called us to start the day. I got dressed, brushed my hair and teeth, and called Aidan.

“I have some things to do today but then I’ll meet up with you.”

“Ok. You won’t be missing much.”

“What are you doing?”

“Shopping. I’m not excited.”

He chuckled. “I can tell. Have fun though. You are here for a break.”

“I know. And I will.”

I hung up with Aidan and headed to the other room where the boys were killing zombies…again.

“Sebastis,” I groaned. “Come on. Didn’t you kill enough of them last night?”

I heard the phew-phew of the game and rolled my eyes. Michael, who was sitting on one of the beds, just laughed. I walked over and stood in front of the TV.

“Gee! Move!”

“Pause it,” I said. He glared at me and paused it. “If this is all you wanted to do you should’ve stayed home.”

“Gee…”

“Have you even showered?” I looked at Luke. “Either of you?”

“Well…”

“Oh jeeze…” I walked over to the bedside table and picked up the phone. I dialed the front desk.

“Front desk. This is Hank speaking, how can I help you?”

“I need a PS3 removed from my brother’s room.”

“NO!” both Luke and Sebastis said.

I grinned and the laughter of Hank on the other end just added to my amusement.

“Hold on just a sec,” I said.

“Sure.”

“Get your butts into gear,” I said. “You have fifteen minutes.”

“Gee! We can’t be showered and ready in fifteen minutes!” my brother said.

I raised an eyebrow and moved the mouth piece back. “Hank…”

“Ok!” they both yelled and ran around the room.

“Anything else I can do for you Ms. Vertigo?”

“No thank you. You’ve been a tremendous help.”

“Any time.”

I hung up the phone and continued to watch them fight over who was using the shower first.

“Don’t be idiots,” I said. “There are two showers.”

They went into separate showers and I walked over to the PS3 and switched it off.

“Boys,” I said.

Michael just chuckled again. I turned and looked at him. “You’re not on the gaming bandwagon. Why?”

“Because there are other things to be done with my time.”

“Have you ever even played?”

“I played the Super Nintendo.”

I laughed and sat down next to him. “The Super Nintendo? Michael that was like…twenty years ago.”

“It was released in ’91.”

“God. That’s just…weird. You’re so old.”

He laughed. “Thank you for pointing that out. That just releases all the warm fuzzy feelings inside.”