Harry Potter is dead.

Draco sat in the great hall, watching the many mourners. He didn’t feel like he should be here, he had helped cause these deaths. But Draco was waiting for someone, someone he had loved for many years.

Without warning the hissing voice of the Dark Lord filled his head, and by the reactions of everyone else, they were hearing him to.

“Harry Potter is dead.” Draco could barely hear the rest. At those four words his heart crumbled into a million pieces. How could Harry be dead? He was the man who was going to save him; he was going to save everyone.

Draco saw Professor McGonagall hobble towards the door, a stream of tears running down her face. Automatically he and the other wizards followed her.

When Draco stepped outside he saw a huge shadow approach them, it was the great oaf Hagrid. He was walking amongst a group of death eaters and the Dark Lord himself. Draco tried not to make eye contact with any of his family; he kept his eyes focused on the lifeless form in Hagrid’s arms.

“No!” Screamed Professor McGonagall. Draco couldn’t help it; he let a salty tear escape his eye as he looked at Harry lying dead in his friend’s arms.

Draco kept his eyes on Harry at all times while both sides shouted abuse at one another. Suddenly chaos broke out and the centaurs momentarily distracted Draco as they and other magical creatures charged towards the death eaters, when Draco looked back Harry had disappeared.

“Harry!” He yelled, no one heard him over the commotion.

People were charging back inside the castle and Draco was swept along in the flow. Draco ran at full speed through the entrance hall and into the great hall, but Harry’s body was nowhere to be seen. Had the Dark Lord done something to it? He was so evil Draco wouldn’t put it past him. Draco ran through the castle, searching for the body, but he found nothing. He was a floor above the great hall when he heard a loud cry of delight from the floor below.

Draco flew down the stairs, jumping the last 6 and ran to the door of the great hall. He was there just in time to see the Dark Lord fall to the floor at the hands of Harry Potter.

A huge smile spread over Draco’s face as he looked at Harry who was standing over him, looking relieved.

Harry was engulfed by hugs from the people he had saved, it took everything Draco had not to run in and hug him too. Instead Draco waited until everyone was preoccupied caring for his or her dead to grab Harry’s hand.

“Come with me.” He breathed into his ear. As usual Harry followed Draco without question.

As soon as they were alone Draco wrapped his arms around Harry and kissed him passionately, an action Harry returned whole-heartedly.

“Thank Merlin you’re alive!” Draco cried, tears running down his face freely.

“Hey! Come here. I’m fine, I’ll always be fine!” Harry said soothingly, stroking Draco’s blonde hair.