Welcome Us Back

•C•

"C if you keep jumping around like that you're going to hurt yourself," Sasha says, watching me with concern.
"C, you've been up since like, two in the morning. How do you have this much energy?" Jenna asks.
"Coffee," Miles replies very seriously, "Too. Much. Coffee."
"Guys. V is literally going to walk through those doors any minute now," I squeal.
"We know!" They all exclaim in unison. To be fair, I did drag the three of them here at four in the morning, but V is coming home today! V's parents and Ms. Helsweel are here too, all looking just as anxious as I feel. After what feels like an eternity, I can finally make out V and Beckett's form walking towards us. In seconds, I'm out of my chair running towards them.
"V!" I scream. The others visually cringe at the loud noise, but V laughs as we embrace.
"Why are you even up this early?" She asks with a giant grin.
"I'm wondering the same thing," Miles grumbles as he, Sasha, Jenna, and Mindy join us.
"Hey V," Sasha says with a grin as he and Jenna embrace V. Mindy gives Beckett a hug too.
"Hey bro," Beckett says to Miles giving him a fist bump. I roll my eyes at the two of them.
"Is that even a question? You've been gone for like three months!" I reply turning back to V. She laughs and shakes her head.
"C, we have school today," she reminds me.
"Uh, Yeah, I can't let you suffer alone," I respond. V laughs again.
"You guys should all get your sleep, Beckett and I are going back to sleep as soon as we get home," V tells us. There's a chorus of exasperated  'thank yous' from my friends.
"We are?" Beckett asks.
"Yes!" V responds.
"See, I told you they would want you to get your sleep," Miles tells me, wrapping his arms around me. I grudgingly lean back against him.
"You're the one who drove me here you goof," I respond.
"Something you guys forgot to tell us?" Beckett asks, raising an eyebrow at us. Miles and I blush and V's mouth drops open.
"Okay, forget sleep, spill the tea you two," V demands.
"I think I might have forgotten to mention the Juilliard thing too," I whisper to Miles. Unfortunately, V hears that one too. Before she can say anything however, V's parents and Ms. Helsweel come over.
"I know you're all excited to see each other, but you all really should be getting home," Mrs. Morita tells us.
"But mom, C has a boyfriend!" V exclaims. Mrs. Morita's eyes snap to Miles who still has his arms around me. I can feel him tense.
"He's really cute," she whispers not-so-discreetly to me, causing me to burst out in laughter as Miles turns progressively more red in the face.
"I know," I whisper back. Miles squeezes me a little tighter and I grin up at him.
"Eww, mom, I think it's time to go, all this PDA is making me nauseous," Beckett announces.
"What ever. I had to put up with you and V and all your sexual tension for an entire year, so I don't know what you're complaining about," I retort. At this, Miles begins to snicker. Beckett just waves it off.
"It's so weird having you call Ms. Helsweel 'mom' when we're out of class," Mindy comments as we all begin to walk out to the baggage claims.
"Right?" I agree.
"Hey C, so what's this thing about Juilliard that you failed to mention to me?" V asks, sidling up to me. I grin nervously.
"I honestly cannot believe you haven't told her yet," Sasha says. I send a glare his way.
"Guess who got excepted into Juilliard?" I say with a nervous grin. V's jaw drops again.
"We're going to college together?" She asks. I nod in response as V begins to squeal.
"And it's only four hours away from Berklee," Miles adds.
"Guys this is amazing!" V says happily.
"Beckett, Vanessa, your bags are here!" Mr. Morita calls.
"Gotta go? See ya in a few!" V exclaims, rushing off with Beckett. Miles looks down at me.
"I would say that was a pretty good welcome back," he says.
"The best," I reply giving him a quick kiss before running out to the car.

Word Count: 732

AN
Guys I am SO SORRY! This book was supposed to be up YESTERDAY! But it wouldn't let me upload so here it is, book 3👏🏽👏🏽💙