Epilogue - part 1/2

"He is exactly the poem I wanted to write."

-Mary Oliver

-A/N - Recommend to read with the song (: -

I heard a knock at the door of my office.

"Yes, Hen?" I rolled my eyes, knowing he was the only person working for me that felt the need to knock every single time.

"I'm sorry, Miss Gold," his frowning face appeared in the door, "he just won't stop bothering me, so with all due respect, I refuse to babysit him any longer."

A laugh that I tried my best to contain escaped my mouth as I saw the door open further, revealing Luke in a headlock, his grin showcasing it had been his plan all along as he waved at me.

"Leave him to me, don't worry about it," chuckling, I got up from the chair, seeing Henry push Luke into the room, cursing as he walked out of my office.

"You sure tried your best to annoy him," looking him up and down, I searched for bruises, knowing Luke was the best at pushing Henry's buttons, "what is it this time?"

He shrugged, yet I noticed he was once again hiding something: "just wanted us to have a little night out."

"And..?" I squinted my eyes at him, crossing my arms. 

"Nothing!" he shouted, trying a little bit too hard to hide whatever it was, "I swear!"

"You're really bad at lying for someone whos living was once made by doing just that," I sighed, looking at the pile of paperwork on the desk that had to be taken care of within the next few days, "I'll pass."

"Nope," Luke replied, opening the mini bar, grabbing a bottle of tequila and 2 shot glasses, "Alexa, play Britney Spears, one more time."

Setting a mental reminder to turn off Alexa everytime Luke nears this office, I watched him pour us the shots and seductively start to dance my way. He handed me both of the shots as he begun to try and recreate Magic Mike's grinding on the floor, meanwhile actually looking like a worm struggling for its life.  I couldn't help but laugh and begin to cheer on him, this is how he got me every single time. 

A few hours later we were sitting in a bar I had never been in, stuck in a red bodycon dress and heels Luke had made me wear after I had drunk enough, the full face of make up switched with a lipstick and mascara, as per usual, I just wasn't one to wear a lot of makeup,  and, of course, the hair curled in a very messy way as both me and Luke put our effort into doing it in between the twerking.  

"New place, huh?" Andre appeared out of nowhere, giving me a kiss on the cheek and messing up Lukes hair, which he ignored, simply taking another shot, looking miserable as ever.

I nodded my head at Luke, then taking a look around the bar which had an acoustic night going on, the vibes this place was giving off were quite great: "his choice."

"I heard from Henry you've got quite a lot of work after all the changes, how's it going?" Andre questioned as he waived at the waitress, asking for a glass of gin and tonic.

Even thinking about the workload I would have to deal with tomorrow hurt my head, that or it was the bottle of tequila me and Luke had managed to go through within the last 2 hours. 

"Nothing I can't handle," I winked, smiling at him, "what about you, are you ready to take on Henry's position?"

We both clinked our glasses together, as he winked back at me: "nothing I can't handle."