Eight

"If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything, wouldn't you, at any time? And you would achieve nothing."

-Margaret Thatcher

"Is this really necessary?" I rolled my eyes, growling at the gang.

"Yes," Andre and Blake replied at the same time, not even turning their heads at me. 

We were now heading back to the apartment in 2 separate cars - me, Andre, Blake and Lilly in one and Eden, Hanna, Angel and Luke in the other. 

"Fuck this," I mumbled, ripping off the tape that was put over Lilly's mouth. 

"Ruby!" the guys shouted the same moment as Lilly, though for different reasons.

"Sorry, Lil," I gave her a half smile, then turned at the guys, glaring, "you better hand me something to open these handcuffs, otherwise I will seriously make your time living with me pure hell."

Yes, they actually had the guts to tape her mouth and put handcuffs on her, saying she had to come with us so they could dig up all information about her to make sure she didn't have the wrong intentions. 

Blake ignored me, but Andre looked at me for a second through the rear-view mirror, handing me a key, probably understanding I was actually being serious from the glare or vibe I was giving off.

"Andre! What the fuck?!" Blake shouted, while I grinned in victory, undoing her handcuffs. 

Lilly massaged her wrists that had red marks on them. I winced, feeling guilty for putting her in such situation: "I'm so sorry, Lilz."

She gave me a wink, smiling: "compared to being arrested in Paris for skinny dipping in a fountain and then running away from them, also spending the next two nights in women prison, this is nothing special."

I stared at her with my mouth hanging open, and so did Andre, while Blake only rolled his eyes.

"Are you being serious?" I asked her.

She smirked at me: "are you sure you want an honest answer?"

I laughed: "I think I'm fine. These guys will probably find out all the answer anyways."

She shrugged: "I hope they won't judge me for my record, because there's certainly some embarrassing stuff there."

"Trust me, you've got nothing on these group of people," I mumbled lowly, avoiding any eye contact.

I could easy tell that they were both glaring at me and no wonder why they were. I guess I hadn't taken enough time realizing that these guys were also the ones to betray me, not just Eden. The thing was that since Eden hurt me so badly, I didn't pay that much attention to getting over what they had done. Only now I was starting to realize that I needed to work on it too, because as time went on I started being more and more snappy, making bitchy remarks. 

Not that I didn't have the right to, I just rather believed I was better than this.

"You forgot to tell me you had a girlfriend, babe," she said, squinting her eyes at me.

"Why? Wanted to get in my pants, huh?" I teased, laughing.

She rolled her eyes: "unless you're hiding a dick in your pants, I'm not."

Andre choked on his drink, while Blake burst out laughing.

"I'll take that as a no," I smiled, actually quite happy I knew a straight girl, since mostly only gay ones seemed to surround me, "sorry for not giving you heads up about Hanna, didn't really get a chance to while being chased down with snipers."