Nine

"I'll plant a row of daisy seeds, in the space below each eye, so they'll remind you of your beauty, when they bloom each time you cry."

-e.h.

Angel, Luke, Hanna, Andre and Lilly were all hanging out somewhere else in the house, whilst Blake had sat me and Eden on different sofas so now we were facing each other meanwhile he sat in the middle.

"We're solving this right now," Blake stated, his face showing that he wasn't playing around at all.

I groaned, rolling my eyes and attempting to get up once again, but Blake immediately reached out and pushed me back down.

"You have to stop acting like a bitch, because that is not who you are, Ru," Blake said, "the Ruby I know is gentle, sweet and selfless."

It got to me more than I thought it would.

But I still smirked, tilting my head at him: "oh, I think that one died together with the cancer."

Eden raised her head for the first time in a while, her eyes now red. Blake just shook his head.

"Can you go at least 10 minutes without the sarcastic remarks?" he asked.

I raised my brow, thinking I'd comply like the girl he once knew just to see what would come out of this that wouldn't if I acted like usual: "okay."

They both stared at me in shock because I wasn't being bitchy.

"Great.." he nodded, "so since you two are complete idiots, let me help you two figure it out to make everyone's life easier."

"Not to be a bitchy or sarcastic person, but I've been up the entire time ever since I landed here yesterday and I'd like to go to sleep eventually,so..." I smiled awkwardly, "it would be good if we made this quick."

Blake once again shook his head. I was starting to feel like a kid that was non-stop scolded by his parents.

"Anyways," I said, since it was once again silent, "I don't see a point in this since Eden only stares and hasn't said a word for like 15 minutes now."

"Oh, shut up," Eden said, pain clear in her face, "you just told me you had cancer whilst we were dating and made me feel like crap for not helping you when I didn't even know in the first place. It wasn't my fault I didn't go after you, I thought that by saying "stay the fuck away or I'll make sure you're dead" you made a point you didn't want me near you."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes since I'd agreed to play good: "why are you acting like you're all hurt and so on? You caused this, made it what it is and even when I was back you still acted like the stuck up person you are."

Eden furrowed her brows: "I can't change the past, but stop blaming it all on me when you weren't the only one who got hurt. This all could've been denied if you had been honest with me."

"Jesus, just shut up, would you?" I shouted, deciding I had had enough, "it's cruel of you to say it's my fault. Why the hell would me telling you I had cancer change anything? Because you felt sorry? Wasn't my love enough for you to drop the damn plan?"

I saw a tear sliding down her cheek, as she quickly wiped it away, making me think if it was ever even real. Eden had never ever acted this way.

"I'm sorry, okay?" she stood up, taking a step closer, then sitting down on her knees in front of me, "I fucked up an-"

I cut her off, my eyes wide: "did you just apologize?"

"Just shut up and listen to me for once, please," she said, her blue eyes digging into my soul.