Why

Elle's POV
Elle had been sitting in her room staring at Noah's contact info for ten minutes now. She couldn't decide between calling him, sending a strongly worded text message, or doing nothing. She sighed and put down the phone. It had begun raining. She couldn't help but smile at the thought of Noah getting caught in the rain. Her phone buzzed. She froze. She didn't want to pick it up, what if it was Noah! It buzzed again. She quickly picked it up and looked. She let out a sigh of relief. It was just Lee.
Lee: Elle, hey so looks like ye olde Sunday tradition was moved to BJ's because of the rain. Meet us there at 12:30.
Elle: okay.
Her sigh of relief was a bit premature now that she thought about it. She'd still have to see Noah and she'd still have to deal with him and the fact that no one except Lee new what really happened between them.

Noah's POV
Noah had gotten home soaking wet his parents had rushed him into his room to change for Sunday lunch. Shit. He had totally forgotten.
Noah came out wearing black jeans a red shirt and a jean jacket. His hair was still damp from the rain. His parents started the car and drove them to BJ's. When they got inside Noah was shocked at how many things in the restaurant were red. The place was huge too so that made the color more tacky. He looked around as they were waiting for a table. He saw the Evans' come through the revolving door. He made eye contact with Elle. She jumped a little and looked away. He smiled to himself. Same old Shelly.

Lee's POV
Lee looked between Noah and Elle as they sat down at their table. Elle looked nervous and kind of fidgety. Noah looked sheepish and slightly off every time his eyes landed on Elle. Lee often wondered what prompted Noah to severe all contact with Elle. What prompted him to severe contact with everyone at this table for that matter. Lee had called and texted him a hundred times over to get an explanation for Elle. But Noah had never answered.
"So Noah how was Harvard?" Lee heard his mom say. "It was cool." Noah shrugged in response. Lee didn't know why Noah was so distant nowadays but he had a feeling that it had something to do with another girl. He had no idea why he thought this but Lee was almost positive that that was what this distance and separation was.

Elle's POV
Elle had been drifting in and out of her thoughts as the conversation between the parents went along. Noah didn't seem all to eager to talk about Harvard. Elle desperately wanted details. She secretly wanted to know everything about his dream school how he was doing. But she couldn't bring herself to ask anything. "Excuse me." She said as she rushed off to the bathroom. She stood in front of the mirrors and let silent tears fall down her cheeks. She didn't know why she was crying she didn't even know why she was sad. She wiped her tears walked out of the bathroom she refused to cry over a boy who didn't want her. She stepped out of the bathroom and immediately ran into someone. Good job Elle. She stood back and looked up. The apology died on her lips. She'd bumped into Noah. She was at a loss for words. She looked up at him he looked down at her.
"I-uh um..." She looked down at her feet.
"Elle I uh..." Noah didn't finish his sentence. How could he. Elle looked up at him one last time. "Why?" She asked.
"Why what?" Noah replied. A look of embarrassment and shame crossed her face.
"Never mind I have to go." She said.
"Elle wait." He grabbed her arm and gently pulled her back. Elle looked at him sheepishly.
"What Noah?" She asked in a small voice. Noah looked at her longingly. She shifted a little under his gaze. "Elle what's wrong? What were you going to ask me?"
"Nothing Noah it's fine okay."
Noah couldn't take it anymore. Elle was so sweet and so beautiful. Elle looked up at him she was nervous. She felt awkward. Noah's lips crashed into hers. She loved it but she also hated it. She pushed him away in shock. She gave him a brief nod and bolted down the hall and out the restaurant door. Noah ran after her.
Elle sat down on a bench outside the restaurant. The rain was pouring she was cold and she was in the verge of tears. She was freaking out she couldn't think straight. She felt so alone. She saw Noah burst out of the restaurant he ran his hand through his hair brushing it out of his face. She made eye contact with her. She stood up.
"How dare you!" She shouted.
"Elle look I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." Noah looked sorry he looked nervous. Noah walked over to stand right in front of Elle.
"Elle, please. I..." Noah drifted off. He didn't know what he would say. How could he explain something that could hurt her more.
"That's what I thought. You know what Noah never touch me again okay. You she made my life nothing but difficult and heart breaking!" Rain ran down her face. Her hair was plastered to her skin. Her clothes were soaked. She was freezing. Noah looked upset. Noah looked like an invisible barrier keeping him from holding her and embracing her. From kissing her.
"I'm going home." Elle said.
"Let me take you." Elle sighed.
"No Noah."
"Elle please I can drop you off and take the car back here. And we don't have to talk. We can just listen to music. I won't talk I won't bother you." He looked at her hopefully. Elle sighed.
"Fine but you are taking me home. That's it." He nodded. "Okay."