/1/

"Scott! Stop!" I laughed as my brother tickled me. "You're gonna kill me!" My dad laughed as Scott kept on tickling me. I felt my eyes get teary as I laughed harder than my body would allow.

"Say you love me!" Scott commanded.

"I-I l-lo-love y-you!" I laughed, not being able to say a word without my laugher was in my way. Scott finally stopped tickling me and leaned back against his seat. He smiled for himself. "You know I love you." I said, making him look to me. I smiled to him but I was serious enough. He smiled and nodded to me.

"I love you too Hayz." He said. I gave him a weak nod. Scott turned his head to look out of his window. I looked at him. Took my time to observe every detail. I started from the top, at his brown hair. I would call it dark brown, but it wasn't dark enough to be close to black. His face, facing the window made it impossible to watch his eyes, but I knew them like the back of my hand. They were blue and green, a kind of mix and very detailed. I could only see his Jaw from here.

"Are you hungry kids?" My dad asked from the drivers seat, glancing at us in the rear-view mirror.

"Yeah a bit." I answered.

"I need to use the bathroom." Scott informed. He went to the bathroom an hour ago, how could he already need to go again?

"Micro-bladder." I mumbled and chuckled. Scott slapped my shoulder playfully, making me laugh.

"Scott, are you hungry?" My dad asked making Scott turn his attention away from me and meeting my dads eyes in the mirror.

"Yeah."

My dad drove 10 minutes more, before pulling up into a parking spot. We unbuckled our seatbelts and walked into KFC, which were the restaurant we had pulled up by.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom." Scott said.

"What would you like? then I'll order for you." I offered.

"A crispy strips menu with 4, thanks."

I watched Scott leaving towards the bathroom as the line got shorter and shorter. We ordered and got our food. I spotted Scotts blue denim jacket by a table where he was sitting on his phone. I couldn't see it from here but I knew he was wearing a white t-shirt underneath the jacket. He was also wearing a necklace that our mom had made for him when he was 12. I was 9 at that time.

What Scott didn't know was that mom left for another man 2 years later. Scott didn't got mad as I did. He understood that some people just fall out of love eventually, but I didn't. Scott wasn't mad at her for leaving, he was just hurt. He misses her, thats clear. He was wearing black jeans as well as vans.

Once we finished our food, we continued the drive to our home in California. We had been driving for about 9 hours now and we only had one left. Oh how I want to be back home in bed right now. The seatbelt was annoying against my neck, so I adjusted it so It got more comfortable. I closed my eyes, resting my head against the cold window.

I was shocked by a loud honk and I looked out of my window, only to shut my eyes as I saw a car coming right In our direction. I felt the car flip, and I wasn't sure how many times. I groaned and opened my eyes. I instinctively looked to my right to check up on Scott.

"Scott?" I called out, not being able to see him because of my blurry sight. I blinked a couple of time, and the blurry disappeared eventually and I observed Scott, to see how bad of a damage he had. My own arm, head and back was hurting but that didn't really mattered right now. Scotts forehead was bleeding slightly, which were the first I saw but the next was way worse. His shirt and jacket were soaked in blood from his neck.

"Dad! Scott-," I gasped, but stopped myself as I saw my dad's collarbone digging out from his skin.

I looked back to Scott, seeing that his shoulder also looked weird. I leaned over to tie my scarf around his neck to stop the violent bleeding. I screamed from the pain shooting through my ribs and I just finished up, as I let myself fall into darkness.