Chapter Thirty Eight

Raven mentioned about a CCTV in their old resthouse's basement. He said he found out that I was being kept in the basement when he walked into Callum's room. He saw me through the monitors as I was kept in the basement. The investigators confronted Callum about the CCTV footages and he said that it might have still be in their old house.

Hindi ko na magawang tignan ang kalagayan niya mula ng makita ko kung paano siya tinorture. I couldn't even get my mind off of it. They continued keeping him and torturing him but I didn't want to know what they were doing to him anymore. Ni halos hindi na nga ako makatulog ngayon sa nasaksihan ko. I could still not fully grasp that that man was the same man I'd fallen in love with. Hindi pa rin matanggap ng buo ng isip at puso ko ang mga nangyayari.

His grandfather who he said was the mastermind of it all had already passed away. Raven said he was a very manipulative and abusive man and his grandmother tolerated it. He didn't even let Callum use his surname and had to use his grandmother's surname instead. Hindi siya kinikilala nitong anak dahil ang akala niya ay anak ito sa ibang lalaki ng ina nila. His grandfather was abusive to every one of them but it was Callum who got the hard beatings. Sa kanya ibinubunton ng ama niya ang galit nito sa mundo.

Dad sent his men to their old resthouse and they'd successfully retrieved the recordings of the CCTV footages. They were brought back to us. Gusto kong makita ang kahayupan na ginawa nila sa akin.

"Sweety, you don't have to do this..." Dad gently said when I told him that I wanted to see the videos.

"Dad, I need to. Gusto ko ng makalaya sa mga nangyari sa akin. I want to set my fears free." I said.

He exhaled, his face growing weary for me.

"I can handle this." I assured him.

We walked into the room where Dad's investigators were studying the footages. They played the footage where I was first carried to the basement. There were a bunch of men around me in the video and one of them threw water at me. Doon ako nagising. Callum suddenly came into the room and swiped up and put me on top of a table. He ripped my panties off from inside my skirt and positioned himself between my legs. Dad stood up from his seat and hurriedly walked out of the room with red tear-filled eyes.

I stayed and watched my own sexual assault. Namuo ang mga luha ko at lalong nabuhay ang galit sa puso ko. I watched myself be a victim. I watched myself as I was raped by the man I thought was my knight in shining armor. I felt sick watching the footages. I was helplessly assaulted by him over and over. But he wasn't the one who put the mark on my chest. He wasn't there in the footage when that happened. An old man, Callum's father, stood there and watched as I was held down by two men and branded on the chest by another. I could still remember the pain I felt at that time and the smell of my own burning flesh. Callum after an hour came in and he was the one who healed my burn and made me take a pill for the pain. Tinabihan niya ako hanggang sa makatulog ako.

But that wasn't enough to erase the anger and pain I felt for him while I watched myself be raped by him over and over. Galit na galit ako sa kanya habang nakikita ko ang sarili ko sa video habang paulit-ulit niya akong ginagamit. I was used like a sex object. Kung anu-anong kababuyan ang ginawa niya sa akin.

I looked for Dad after I watched the footages and his men told me that he went to Callum. Kahit ayaw kong makita siya ay napilitan akong puntahan siya. Callum had his arms tied up behind his back. He was in a much worse state than the last time I saw him. I could barely even recognize his face and his body was black and purple. I swallowed, feeling my throat close as I looked at him. Dad stood in front of him with a barrell baseball bat in his hands. Dad screamed angrily with tears flowing down his eyes as he bashed him into his side with the bat.