Chapter Eighteen

Yesterday I was Audrey Cordova and today I woke up as Audrey Francois. This beautiful thing sleeping beside me was now my husband. I still couldn't believe that Callum was my husband. It all happened too fast. We just snuck out of the party last night and then we were driving to a twenty-four hour chapel.

"Hey, beautiful." Callum, my husband, fluttered his eyes open. He gave me a lazy smile.
I clutched the blanket tightly against my naked body. Does he remember anything? Does he remember that we just got married last night? I'd only drank a bit last night and he'd almost finished the bottle of alcohol he brought with him. Paano kung lasing lang siya noong mga panahon nay un? I didn't know how he'd react once he finds out that I was now Mrs. Callum Francois.

"Callum..." I bit my bottom lip.

"What is it, Mrs. Francois?" He asked with a wide smile on his face as he sat up.

"You remember?" I asked.

"Of course, I do." He answered and then his thick brows furrowed. "Nagsisisi ka ba?"

"It just... it just happened way too fast. I can't believe I'm now your wife..."

"Do you regret it?" He asked again.

"I don't know... I don't feel like I should. Do you regret it?" I asked him the same question.

"I agree about what you said about it happening too fast. I was never impulsive, Audrey. I always knew exactly what I'm doing but with you, I don't know anymore. I don't... all I know now is that I'm madly in love with you. For once, I did what my heart told me to do. So no, I don't regret it. Not one bit." He lifted his hand to brush away some strands of hair on my face.

A slight smile spread across my face. He cupped my face and kissed my forehead.

"We have two options, Audrey. We can either have a divorce or we can try and make this marriage work. You decide."

A part of me was telling me that this was wrong, it happened to quick. My parents taught me the value of love and marriage. It doesn't happen overnight. Marriage isn't something you do when you're in Las Vegas and you had a few drinks on the hotel rooftop with the man who looks at you like you're more beautiful than the stars in the sky. But I fell in love. I fell in love with him and the moment we had together. It was stupid and impulsive but I'd still stick to my excuse. I fell in love.

"I don't know but it wouldn't hurt to try, would it?" I chewed on my lower lip.

A smile spread across Callum's face and his eyes were a warmer hue of black. "Alam kong masyado tayong nagmamadali pero hindi ibig sabihin mali ang naging desisyon natin. I'd prove to you that we didn't make a wrong decision when you married me."
"Pero paano kung ikaw yung nagkamali ng desisyon. I have a lot of baggage and one day you're going to get tired of me."

Callum shook his head. "I'll carry those baggage with you. Nandito na ako. Hindi mo na kailangan buhatin yun mag-isa."

"I'm not a wife material. Maduming babae na ako. Binaboy na nila ako. Hindi ko nga alam kung ilan silang gumalaw sa akin. I don't even have normal sexual desires." I swallowed the tears in when I felt it starting to come up. Kaya ba niya akong mahalin sa kabila ng ginawa nila sa akin? Because I knew I couldn't. I couldn't love myself. I was disgusted with my own self.
"Don't you ever say that again, Audrey. Hindi ka madumi. There is nothing wrong with you as a person. After what you've gone through, you deserve every good thing in this world. You deserve to be loved so please, let me in. Let me be here for you, let me love you."

"What if I'm not-"

"Shh. Enough with the what ifs. This is the what it is. We're married now and we love each other. Iyon lang naman ang mahalaga, di ba?" He asked with warm eyes.