Chapter Seventeen

I stood right in the middle of Las Vegas. The sky was dark when we got there yet the whole city was brightly lit up by the neon lights and advertisements, hundreds and thousands of them. The whole place was full of energy that you could feel it in the air. The city was so alive and vibrant and bustling with activities.

"This is us." We just got out of the cab where we were picked up from the airport. Callum was pulling my luggage in one hand while he carried his travelling bag on the opposite arm.

I looked up at the building in front of us. The humungous building lit up with golden lights. It brought out the grandeur of the place even more. This was where we were going to stay. Dito din kasi gaganapin ang annual psychiatry conference ni Callum at ng mga psychiatrist na dadalo.

"Everything's grand and flashy and tacky. We're really in Vegas." I joked.

"Hey, doctors do know how to have fun to, you know." He winked at me.

"Callum!" Suddenly, Dr. Sophie in a maroon bodycon dress was waving at us. "Hi! Nice to see you. I didn't know you were going to bring your girlfriend with you." She took a quick glance at me and then turned her eyes back to Callum.

"I can't leave without the love of my life." He said, pulling me against his body. "We've never travelled outside of California together before and I knew I'd miss her so I thought might as well bring her with me."

I decided to play along, wrapping my arms around his waist. He looked down at me and wore a grin on his face. She needed to know that this was my man and I wouldn't let her have him.

"Oh doctor, Vegas isn't called Sin City for nothing." She let out an annoying laugh. "How are we going to have naughty fun when the girlfriend is around?"

"He's still going to get his 'naughty fun' later in our room" I smiled at her.

"I like that." Callum chuckled.

"I don't mean to offend you, Audrey. I was kidding." She placed one hand over her chest. "We've gotten so comfortable with each other that jokes like that comes natural to us. I meant nothing by it."

"Don't worry, you didn't offend me. Not at all." I confidently said, showing her that she was not a threat to me.

"We'll see you around, Sophie. We need to check in, these baggages are heavy and I can't wait to get my naughty fun." He told her.

"Have a good night, you two." She said, trying to keep her smile intact.

"She definitely likes you." I whispered as we walked away.

"I already know that. You have a hot boyfriend, you have to get used to it." He snided.

"Wow! Kala ko ba desert ang Vegas? Bakit ang hangin naman yata ditto?" I said.

"I'm just kidding." He said, kissing the side of my head. "But seriously, Audrey, you don't have to worry about any woman. Ikaw lang ang gusto ko."

I felt butterflies in my tummy again. I pretended to roll my eyes at him but at the same time, I couldn't help smiling. We checked into our room. Callum went straight to the bathroom and took a shower. He had nothing on but a towel around his waist when he came out. I tried not to look at his well sculpted body as I took out my pajamas from my luggage but it was such a distraction.

I immediately got up and took a nice bath. I scrubbed all throughout my body until I was squeaky clean and smelled of the peach body wash I'd brought with me. I got out of the shower, dried myself, and put on the sexiest nighties I have. It was a black silk nighties that I only wear in summer when it's super hot. I slowly walked into the room to find Callum in bed. He was on his back, wearing a striped pajama bottom.