Chapter Thirty Four

"It's good that you decided to have a proper wedding." Dad nodded his head as he looked at Callum and I. We decided to break the news to them over dinner where everyone in the family were present.

"We're so happy for the two of you." Mama affectionately put her hand over mine.

"Another wedding in the family?! I am so excited! Oh I get to wear a gown again." Ronnie clapped with glee. "Isn't it kind of funny? Si Kuya Miggy ang unang na-engage at mas nauna pa kayo ni Kuya Coco na makasal. Wala pa rin bang date ang kasal niyo ni Ate Hazel, Kuya?"

Kuya Miggy suddenly coughed as if the food he was chewing was dislodged in his throat. He cleared his throat. "As of now, wala pa."

"Ronnie, ang kasal hindi paunahan yan. It is a very serious matter and it is not a race." Seryosong sabi ni Dad.

"At alam mo naman yang Kuya Miggy mo, masyadong metikuloso. But that's not the topic right now. Ang kasal ng Ate Drey mo at ng Kuya Callum mo ang pinag-uusapan natin." Mama calmly said.

"That's great! Are we finally going to get invited to your wedding?" Coco arched a brow with a sly smile playing on his lips.

"We wouldn't announce it kung hindi kayo invited." I rolled my eyes at him, smiling.

"A wedding like when Ate Anais was riding a horse and then Kuya Coco waited for her and they stood in front of a lot of people?" Arthur cluelessly asked.

"Yes, that's a wedding. And then after the wedding they'll have a honeymoon like Mymy and Dada. A honeymoon is when they go to a far away place to kiss a lot and make a baby." Sagot naman ni Cookie.

"Cookie." Pinandilatan ni Anais ang anak niya, looking embarrassed. "Kumain ka na lang."

"Dr. Daddy and Mommy doesn't need to go to a far away place to make a baby. Last night, sabi ni Dr. Daddy they'll start making one." My son said. They were indeed cousins. No doubt about that.

I wanted to sink into my seat in embarrassment as the whole table laughed. I turned to see Cal with a smug smile on his face as he squeezed my hand. I rolled my eyes at him and shook my head.

"When are you planning to wed?" Asked Dad after the laughters had died down.

"As soon as possible." Cal answered. "We just want it to be a simple wedding. Iyon ang gusto ni Audrey."

"How soon is soon?" Dad arched a brow.

"Next week." I answered.

"Next week? That IS soon." Kuya Miggy commented.

"As Callum said, it'll just be a small wedding. Nothing fancy. Kahit sa backyard lang gawin. We already got married once. Gusto lang namin ikasal ulit kasi you guys never got to be on our first wedding." He said.

"Am I going to walk again and hold a thing like in Kuya Coco's wedding?" Arthur asked.

"You'll be my best man." Callum affectionately kissed the side of his head.

"What does a best man do?" He asked.

"You get to stand next to me and wait for Mommy as she walks down the aisle." He answered.

"Wala ka sa bachelorette party ko. We need to throw you one!" Anais excitedly said.

"Ate, kasali na ako d'yan ah. I'm of legal age na." Sabi naman ni Ronnie.

"No, you will always be my baby girl." Dad shook his head.

"Mama oh, si Dad!" Ronnie whined like the little girl she still was.