-Chapter 30-

-Chapter 30-

-Oliver-

"What is it?" Amy practically bolts out of bed which is surprising because she was wobbling only hours before now.

I feel my hands clam up and my heart beat a little faster. I wipe away the tears still resting on my upper cheeks.

"The baby will be--" I get cut off.

"Sorry, we need to check Ms. Vaughn's vitals." One of the nurses pokes her head around the door and I shoot her an angry look.

"Please, give me a minute?" I beg and she nods and walks back out.

"Oliver. Please, tell me, I'm frightened." Amy grabs onto my arm and her fingers are digging into my skin.

I put my hands on both sides of her head to comfort and steady her.

"The baby is going to be fine." I smile and her eyes widen and fill with tears. I know she's happy, I was so happy when I heard. I hugged one of the nurses and I can't tell if she was mad or not.

"Oh thank God!" Amy yells and kisses me on the mouth sweetly. She drags her hand against the left side of my face down to my chin and I bring my arm around her.

Knock-Knock.

"I hate hospitals." I groan and Amy laughs as I bend down to kiss her stomach.

-----------------------

"I can't believe I am back home." Amy says and it sort of makes me happy that she even says it's her home. I would love nothing more if she lived with me and we got rid of her apartment, but that's her decision of course. Maybe we can get something bigger too.

I stop myself from thinking about those kind of plans right now because Amy is still unemployed and I don't want to bring it up and remind her, even though she hates it.

She heads for the bedroom and I follow her after putting down my art supplies. We were both surprised when the doctor said she could leave early. The medicine really kicked in and helped her a lot. I'm just thankful she's alive and I don't have to look at her hooked up to machines with wires all up in her body. It scares me so much to see her like that I cry at night.

I always feel like it's my fault, because I should've just taken her home in my car and mess with the ring later, but I was so happy right then and I knew how much I wanted to do it. I made sure to hide the ring somewhere safe so when Amy comes back home she won't happen to stumble upon it.

Amy puts down her bag of medicine from the hospital on the wooden dresser and she splats herself against the bed. She looks really peaceful so I don't want to move her around too much so I lay down next to her. I kick off my shoes and I turn over to look at my beautiful girl friend.

"I am so glad the baby is okay." I cup her chin and she smiles at me as she tugs on my t-shirt casually.

"Me too."

"I was so scared Amanda."

"I know, Nora told me you've been crying at night." She brings herself closer and burrows her head into my chest.

"I can't tell her anything anymore." I laugh and I put an arm around Amy and I brush her curls through my fingers.

"That's okay, I just don't want you to cry. I hate to see you cry." Her words are muffled against the fabric of my shirt but I understand them all clearly.