-Chapter 17-

-Chapter 17-

-Amy-

"Oliver!" I yell, looking all around at the shocked and giddy faces.

My mother stands by my father. Both are extremely wide eyed and overjoyed. The crowd is growing thick, but other tables are still untouched by the current scene. Some are even toasting to other occasions and eating bread.

I glare at the man kneeled in front of me, wanting to smack him as hard as I can. But, I can't make a scene.

Not like he didn't.

"We are so excited, aren't we darling?" Oliver wriggles his eyebrows and I swallow down my anxiety like a pill; and it doesn't go down exactly smoothly.

"Y-yes..." I mutter, ripping his hand away from my stomach, feeling sick. I feel like he's playing some game, some twisted and sick one, with me and my emotions. I don't understand.

"Oh, baby, why didn't you tell us sooner?" My mother comes running up to me, kissing my forehead, and then both my cheeks. She's never been happier, as far as I'm concerned.

My father still stands, rooted, with an 'O' formed mouth out of pure shock.

"I wish I could've." I stare at Oliver again, whose grinning like a mad man.

Yep, smacking will happen.

"We wanted it to be a secret." Oliver says, while more people join around us, like Nora and Ian. Both look dumbstruck with shock. I don't even know if it's pretend or not.

What's pretend anymore?

"And no ring?" Someone in the crowd asks and I shake my head quickly. Questions start flooding and I fear my eyes will start too soon.

"Umm...Excuse me-" I say, getting up from my chair and out of the arms of my interviewers.

"I have to go to the restroom." I announce, probably looking pathetic, but I don't want to listen to this much longer. It's getting exhausting keeping up with this, especially unplanned.

I trudge my feet along the grass to the bathroom inside in the right hall and I don't even check behind me to see if anyone's tagging along. I turn around the planted ivy and press on the door. It closes behind me and I lean up against the sink. I grip the counter with my hands and stare at my reflection and sigh. Looking down at my stomach I feel anger.

"Amanda, I can explain."

I hear the door opening and closing again and nearly throw up.

"No, don't say anything." I start and focus on my hands. Oliver's voice gets nearer.

"I did this for a good reason." He leans against the wall but I continue to grip the counter like it's my life support.

"What, exactly?" I ask, pushing back my sweaty, stray bangs.

"You wanted me to pretend to be your boyfriend, but I don't see much working right now for your family. Josh was being an ass and somebody had to show him his place." I grip the counter tighter, but then I release and turn on Oliver.

"You don't get to make these decisions!" I yell, pointing my finger in his face, which still leaves the remains of a grin.

"Faking a pregnancy is a serious matter! I can't lie to them about something like this. They're my family." I shout, but try my best to shout lower. Oliver's grin starts to disappear.

"I'm sorry." He says, but I'm not even sure he means it anymore.

"You should be. How am I going to fake a baby bump in a couple of months? We aren't even really dating Oliver! How could you say something so stupid!" Anger starts clouding over me and I feel like anxiety is my middle name.