-Chapter 12 (unedited)

-Chapter 12-

~Amy~

I wake up to the sound of music playing and the smell of burnt eggs. The combination reminds me of home. I open my eyes and look over to the bed, which is empty. After waking up in the middle of the night I decided to sleep on the couch to give Oliver a bit of privacy. I prop my elbow up on the arm rest and push my body up coming face to face with Oliver and his morning scruff.

"Good morning." He says cheerily and hands me a plate full of the eggs I was smelling and a bit of toast. I take the plate and set it down on the table beside me, ignoring it for the moment.

"Diana's mother brought us breakfast. She mentioned something about a picnic today just to relax since it's been a bit hectic, but we don't have to go." Oliver sits down on the desk chair with a green t-shirt covering his chest.

I blush when I think about it, but it slowly passes. Last night wasn't anything serious, we were just concerned about one another. Something horrible could've happened. I think we were just really emotional.

I bite into my toast and lick the butter.

"Compliments to the chef." I say between mouthfuls. Oliver rocks back and forth and pushes up his bangs.

"Feeling okay?" His eyes focus on me and I put down my half-eaten slice.

"Yeah. I'm doing okay. How 'bout you?" Looking up at the giant bruise above his eye. Oliver shrugs and taps his bruise with a finger.

"Fine, nothing serious. I'm tougher than I look." Oliver smiles and I nod, agreeing.

"So, what do you want to today?" He continues the rocking and I stretch a little, spreading my arms and then my legs.

"I guess we can go on the picnic." I mutter," I love my family." This part I say half-heartedly, even though they are pains I do love them deep down.

"I'll go take a shower." I walk past him and bend down to get some clothes out of my suitcase.

I pull out a mustard, yellow sweater and a pair of skinny jeans and then stuff the undergarments under so Oliver doesn't notice my frilly pair.

"Okay, I'll go tell them we're coming." Oliver gets up and exits the room.

I listen to the door slam and then enter the bathroom. I prop my clothes up on the counter and lock the door behind me. I notice the little shampoo and conditioner bottles like the kind you find in a hotel and I strip and carry them into the shower. I toss my dirty clothes into the little, straw-like basket, and turn the water on.

I sit on the toilet seat and wait while the water heats up. When I stick my hand into the shower and notice the temperature I step in and let myself get enveloped in hot water. I start work on my hair and then my body and quickly dress after shutting it off. The smell of the little bottled shampoo of lemons does wonders. I apply a little makeup of blush and eyeliner and then put my hand to the door handle.

I walk out with a white towel glued to my head and at that moment Oliver knocks on the door. I go and open it and he walks past me and plops down on the couch.

"Lemons?" His eyebrows arch as he sniffs the air.

"Smells wonderful." I say, rubbing my wet hair and smiling. I sit down next to him and his arm spreads out on the back of the couch.

"I prefer that outfit a lot more." He points out and I agree completely.

"Are you sure? It's kind of dull in comparison. Not at all sparkly." I say then look over to the costume littering the floor in the corner by the wastebasket. Oliver pats my arm in comfort.