-Chapter 29-

-Chapter 29-

-Amy-

After a week of being bloody and bandaged so my enteral organs won't spill all over the place I finally get out of my hospital bed and press my bare feet to the cold hospital tile.

"It's good to see you up and walking again." My sister comments, she's busying eating a blueberry muffin for breakfast and checking her twitter on her phone.

"Yeah..." I say, wobbling around on my jell-o legs and gripping the counter for support.

The white wrist band symbolizes that I'm a patient. I was high authority at first but accidents and tragedies happen everyday and now since I'm healed a little I just have a basic room.

Besides spending time with my sister or Ian, and especially Oliver, I watch the few channels they have on the TV set hanging up on the right corner of the room or the doctors allow me to pop in a movie from time to time. I have to rest a lot though so I can't even get up a lot to go to the special care units they have for the children to color and play with toys let alone go to the bathroom to pee.

I can hardly remember the accident besides getting a quick text from Ian before it happened. I don't even remember what it said anymore. In fact, I don't even remember my first day in here. Nora said there was a lot of crying and Oliver was just a wreck.

When I try to envision that my heart just bursts and shatters into a million pieces but I try to clear it away. Hopefully in another week's time I can leave. I can't believe it even happened. I feel sore all over but I'm slowly healing. My arm is in a cast though because of the damage but it should be fine soon enough. Nothing serious but a lot of bang up jobs.

I press a hand to the butterfly locket Oliver gave me a long time ago and I never take it off in here. It helps me pray and hope to get out as soon as possible. The nurses aren't happen about me leaving it on when they help me do things but I get bitchy when they try to force it off my neck.

I thought about stabbing them with a syringe one day but I think the medicine was just messing with me a little.

"At least you don't look so pale. Your complection was hideious." Ian jokes and grabs the muffin from Nora who is not at all pleased screams when he takes a bite. He hands it back and takes a seat farther away from her so she won't strangle him.

I give him a thumb's up because I probably did look like serious crap but I still do. There's a large bandage covering up half of my right eyebrow and the majority of that side of my forehead. There's the lumpy cast on my arm and then there's the few bandaids scattered everywhere and a few scratches with healing blood crusted over them.

"Where's Oliver at?" I ask again for the hundreth time. I get so needy in here, especially, because this place is really boring and he makes it a lot better. Sometimes he comes over after work and holds my hand while he draws me something; anything.

"I told you he's a work. He has a major client today to finish but he said he'll be over as soon as possible." Nora rolls her eyes and scrolls through her phone.

I wobble back to my bed and sit down.

That's enough for now.

"You are like a sad, little puppy Amy." Ian joins me on the bed and pats my leg.

"Did the doctor tell you anything about the baby yet?" Ian looks down at his lepoard print shoes.

I know he doesn't want to bring up the subject because it's super touchy right now and hard for me but he's just concerned.