012

I forgot about you

I forgot about you. I left you behind and I played you. I hurt you and betrayed you. I treated you like shit. Why did you stay? Why do you not lie to me? Why do you remember me? Why don't you play me? Why haven't you hurt me? Why are you good to me? Billy, why do you see me?

Billy basically carried me to his car. He cracked obnoxious jokes as he gently sat me in the passengers seat and surprisingly he became gentle, stopped his joking and strapped me into a seat belt. He quickly ventured to his side in the drivers seat and before he put the car in drive he turn to look at me and back to the alley in front of us.

Billy has always been so unpredictable it's hard to ever tell what he is thinking. I probably have already said that before but I find it increasingly annoying every time I notice it. I've always been able to read people like a book. Why is he so hard. His literary is very unique. It's more annoying than Shakespeare.

We sat in the alley for what felt like an hour. Only seconds flew by. I felt like shit and he was just sitting there, and for what? Was he finally doing what everyone else does? Will he give up?

"I'm sorry." He broke.

Yes It is insensitive but I couldn't help myself. Billy Hargrove? Saying sorry? I couldn't believe it. For one; what is he sorry for? For two; was it really that hard that he had to wait and figure out how to say the word?

"I should've told you, when I first saw you in that parking lot. I thought that if I kept it from you–

yeah? and what? Kept it from me and what? Billy don't stop talking now! Kept what from me?

"I'ght nevermind."

Sonofabitch

"Take you home?" Billy asked pulling out of the alley looking rear view with his arms around my seat.

"God, No!" I forced out squirming in my seat. I can't believe I held up a conversation I felt worse than worse.

"Oh, do you have anywhere to stay?"

Now that I think of it, I completely ran away unprepared. I'm going to have it if I go back home but if I don't I will end up on the streets. Kyper is a no for obvious reasons, and I don't have friends. The gang? No. Not with Billy. He may be tough but they will beat his ass to a pulp. Not with me around him. I can't do that.

"I'm guessing that's a no too? Gosh, Marley. Your a hot fucking mess." Billy said now looking me in the eye deadpan.

"Billy, you are a professional asshole! You ruin every soft moment!"

"So we had a moment?" Billy asked flirtatiously biting his lips. I cannot lie it was attractive but looks cannot overshadow character.

"Not like that Billy geez."

I am a real idiot. I'm avoiding everyone; running away unprepared and now I am stuck in a car with Billy Hargrove who just can't leave me alone. I am in so much pain and now I am mentally exhausted because I just can't seem to hold it together around him. What did I do to deserve this? I don't want to think about that right now. My deepest regret.