005

We arrived at the hospital in a hurry

We arrived at the hospital in a hurry. The gang was all there. Lucas, Mike, Will, Dustin. All of them. There was one face that wasn't too familiar. A redhead with a Michael Myers costume. She seemed just as worried as the rest of the boys. That and slightly out of her comfort zone.

Kyper approached all of the boys and each of them beamed like the sun and a group hug formed. It was cute and warm. A wonderful sight that could fill an empty heart. All if sudden I knew why the redhead was so out of place, here. Like me, she too was an outsider here.

Kyper and the boys got caught up while I sat next to Joyce. Will's mom in the waiting room. Redhead sat alone on the other side with her Walkman and a plastic knife. Sharing a quick glance with both Dustin and Lucas.

I crossed my legs and folded my arms over my chest. We were there for a long time. Lucas and Max were out like a light after a while and Joyce held Will as he fell into a trance in her arms. Mike was all too worried to rest and me. You didn't have to ask me twice. I was gone, I died. Just snoring. I was worried like hell, yes. Kellin was like my son, but I had a fucking long night and the stress was just sucking the energy from me.

I woke from a rough tap on my shoulder and a groan invading my ears. I open my heavy eyes to find an angry Asian woman holding her stomach and scowling down at me.

"Aye, little BITCH. Wake up and move my bones are hurting." She said rudely. One hand resting on her abnormally large midsection and the other supporting her back.

The entire rule about respect your elders flew out the window because
I was bout ready to fight her and her baby. Who the fuck does she think she is? Disturbing my much-needed beauty rest. I have run around dealing with everyone's shit today. I just started sobering up and Billy is acting weird my friend got hit by a fucking car and my old friend is probably depressed over some ugly ass brown hair Chewbacca bitch.

"Take the seat, I don't fucking care," I said standing up to find food machine. "That gown makes you look fat as fuck btw. Moo bitch!"

I stormed off shortly after that. Returning a scowl to the ugly woman and starting my journey search for food. I was truly starving. I don't know how much longer we had to wait all I knew is that the rain only got heavier and the night of trick or treating for the kids was over. At least they got their bags full. Dustin was swallowing chocolate like a vacuum.

I collected myself halfway down the hallway from the cafeteria. My mind was still racking from the party and my stomach was completely empty. I was thirsty and strained for food. I drank too much at that party. I thought it would all ease over as usual but clearly something was on my mind because it was never enough and I kept returning for more, running away from something I can't understand.

My limit was 3 drinks. It sounds lame but I did have a limit pre-fucked up. I passed that limit by a mile. I'm talking about a straight-up 15. It's pathetic that I relied so much on liquor to run from my problems and it sucks even more that I now don't know what I was running from.

I got to the cafeteria and went straight up to the counter and observed the menu. It's funny that there is a McDonald's in the hospital but I could kill for a burger so that is what I got. I went to take a seat at a table with my meal. The cafeteria was populated low and that was just fine with me. No one would see me devour this fast food like I haven't eaten in days. Because I will and it is going to be worth it.

An hour passed and as I was doodling on a napkin Kyper stood beside the table. Worn out, his eyes were just barely holding open and his face still puffy from crying he must have been up worrying the entire time.

"He is okay. He needs to rest though so, you should get home." He said.

"I don't have a ride," I said sheepishly. "You drove us here. Remember?"

"Right. I'll drive you back then."

Authors Note
Truth is... Kypers little brother was supposed to die in this chapter but that was too dark for me and I kinda like the guy so I let him live. Also, it would add a subplot for the story which I'm not in the mood for.