001

It was Thursday morning and the Hawkins's house was filled with sweet pastries in the air

Hawkins's house was filled with sweet pastries in the air. I swung my legs over my bed and rubbed my eyes from the regular morning daze. I waddled to my bathroom to wash and get ready for another lame and predictable day of Hawkins. After I got myself fixed up in leather and black everything else. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs to join my pops in the kitchen. Papa was a former Dotty, a known gang in Hawkins. They are all old now and the gang slowly disappeared. Now he is a baker and enjoying his retirement making hotcakes with our neighbor who is secretly but obviously emitting over him. He was a happy man, he was smart and warm. The one person in Hawkins who did not deserve to be stuck here.

Truth is everyone in Hawkins only has a limited time to escape but once your timer goes out you are stuck in the miserable town forever. Sadly Papa was stuck long before I ever knew about this urban myth. Though he was happy, and that's all I could ask for. It was enough for him, but not for me. I want more.

"Hey Marley, it's a wonderful day in October isn't it?" He said cheekily as he poured the batter on the stovetop.

I took a seat at the island of the kitchen and bit into a ripe red apple.

"If it's good enough for you it's good for me Papa," I said with a cheeky smile.

"Ahh, that's my little girl!" He said with a groggy laugh.

He served me breakfast and we talked a bit about how good life was now that we were on our feet.
Before we were not doing so well. We had to live in the RV and spend nights in random parking lots and shower at those beachside water sprouts early in the morning. I was very young so I did not know any better I thought that everyone did that. Until one day a guy tried to take advantage of me while I was showering. Papa swooped in with a gun and ran the man off. After that Papa did some real dirty work to get us off the streets. To save me. He did all this before his body stopped working like it used to so basically when we arrived at Hawkins it was too late for us to escape.

"Well, you better get an ongoing baby! You would not want to hurt your perfect record." He said enthusiastically.

I stuffed my face and bit down on a piece of toast, carrying it between my teeth as I ran out the door and started the ignition of my bike. Usually, on Mondays and Thursdays, papa would insist that I take his truck but it was a bright day and I felt obliged to take Duchess out for a ride. Papa and I fixed her up our-self, together.
He found her abandoned and broken and he brought it home. I found him trying to fix it in the late nights, and I wanted to help. Later on, when we were done he said it was for me. I gave her a name. She is the second most important thing I ever knew.

***

I got to the dreaded building a bit too early for my own taste and found myself loitering around in the parking lot. Watching all the cliques and wallflowers in their natural habitat. The minutes were flying by and before i knew it the bell was seconds away from ringing determining me tardy. I was going to just ditch the class and meddle my way into keeping this "Perfect Record" papa loves so much.

I left my bike and began to strut towards the school gate before they closed when blaring rock music and screeching tires attacked my senses. I screeched loud and clear before I felt a cold metallic surface under my palms. I opened my eyes, attempting to catch my breath.

Before me, was a sky blue Camaro.

Inside a small redhead and a presumptuous blonde were at each other's necks before I slammed my fist on the hood of the car. Demanding attention.

"Hey! Blue Jeans! What the fuck is wrong with you!" I began to join in the noise. "You almost flattened me, asshole!"

Quicker than expected the blonde in denim hopped out the driver's seat and got up close and personal. "Don't touch my car!" He said.

His voice was angry and littered of liquor and cigarettes. His scent was spicy, strong cologne.

He smells amazingly hot

If he wanted to be stubborn I could be too. It was a challenge then.

The redhead did not even blink at us, she hopped out the car took her skateboard and speeds off.

I took my hand, Dug in my bag, reached for a soda, and with a smirk. I shook it up. His eyes lit up, bloodshot red and as he reached for my arm, I sprayed the grape soda all in his car over everything. I'll probably regret this soon I thought. Still, I kept on pouring until the can was empty. I looked over to the ass and he was completely devastated. He grabbed my arm and pinned me to the hood of the car. His tight jeans were rough against my thighs. His thick legs against mine. I found my victim for the week.

1st Challenge complete!