009

I ran through the front doors, I pushed right past Pa. I kicked my boots off ran through the carpeted hallways. Tears flooded down my face, my hair stretched across my face as wind picked up behind my ears. I reached the comfort of my bed room and slammed the door and locked it. I couldn't even make it to my bed, to sob in my pillow. It was a bed of lies just they my entire life. All of the past four years has been like a reboot. No one cares to tell me what happened to me. I don't even remember if I had any friends. All this time I've been told Pa was in a gang and that's why we moved to Hawkins because it was quiet. But really it was because we were running from a city that I died in.

What did I tell Billy that summer? What did we share? Why has everyone kept this from me? Why don't I remember a of it.
I sat in the corner of my room scratching at my head, pulling on my hair and digging holes into my palms. Blood added through as I but down my lip, trying to stop myself from crying. Banging hit my door but I canceled it out with questions.

These questions haunted me. Call me dramatic but how would you react when you find out the entire other half of your life that you have always questioned is revealed to be all built on a fantasy. and it wasn't even a happy fantasy. My thoughts stopped racing the longer I sat there on the floor. My knees in my chest and my tears falling down my shins.

"Baby? Is everything alright. Are you hurt?" Papa called. Probably with his face pressed against the door.

"I would be lying if I said it was. I am hurt, but not physically. "

"Marley what is going on? Let me in."

" I don't want to talk to you. " I said with carnivorous anger, creeping it's way out of my tone. "Go away."

"Marley, I just want to know if your okay." He pleaded .

I ignored him and just laid there sprawled out on the floor like baby jesus, tears ran down the sides of my face like rivers and they met at a puddle surrounding my head. My head was like an island now. I sat there wall night, thinking and crying on repeat. Looping over and over again.

Not a single thing pa has told me has been the truth. Every story, every memory was fiction. How could he do that? He was the only person I truly trusted and now I don't even know him. My life is a lie. I don't know what type of person I am , who I used to be. What made me significant. This person I am now,could I just be a dream. Or a nightmare. It's all so random and cliche and it seems all forced. My life was never not complicated but it was what I thought I could control. I thought everything I did was by my choice but slowly this is all just sounding no cares to tell me that I had a past.
People who cared about me and a boy, that I shared my secrets with.

I have an entire past that I don't know about. Someone I trusted, someone who knows about my past. He could help me understand.

Rustling pulled me from my thoughts. I looked back behind me as I lay on the floor. I eventually rolled over on my stomach and watched as my home was invaded by an intruder through my window. My window was slip open and Kyper gracefully slipped through onto the carpet.
"H-hey, I didn't see you after school." He said with a smile.

He dropped and say down on the window for seal with one leg folded under and the other on the carpet floor of my bedroom. He looked down at me and his smile disappeared. He removed the black beanie from his head and fluffy locks of raven bounced into the air.

"What happened?" he asked.

I don't want to keep anymore secrets. I have a enough as it is, and Kyper is my best friend, I should be able to tell him but I can't talk it anymore. The more I think about the more people I find that are involved. I start to feel more angry than sad, angry that everyone tried to redirect my life. Kyper had nothing to do with that, and with his mom struggling and his brother recovering. He doesn't need any weight on his shoulders, maybe everyone has a little more weight than they can carry.

"Nothing, I'm just bored."

"Is that why your drowning in your own tears?" He asked. He dropped from the window and crawled onto the floor with me. He sat against the wall and propped my head up on his leg.

"It's fine, Marley. You don't have to tell me, but you can when your ready." He said.

Kyper let his head hang back as he stared at the ceiling. The room was swallowed by a cold silence, and normally I would hate it but today it was peaceful. My whole day was a mix of highs and lows so this silence was the only thing that statues the same.
Kyper is the only guy I've known to stay the same, unlike Billy, Kyper knows what he wants and when situations get uncomfortable for him he doesn't just switch up on you. He is blantly honest, kinds, courages , brave, passionate, and he is always there. He is loyal and nobel. Hands down the best guy I've ever known.

And I've done nothing for him. I often blow him off on our plans, I use him. I deny him and all he ask of me is to be there.

"Why do you stick with me?" I ask.

" That's easy. With my family situation. I always have to the MAN and do everything for them, I always have to be perfect, but with you.. I just have to be myself. " he answered.

"But your always there for me and I never do anything for you."

"Marley, even though you often pick me last. You believe it or not, are the only person who has seen me cry. I like to know that your a person who let's me be vulnerable, there's nowhere else that I can be that."

Authors note
Aww friendship. So remember when I said kyper doesn't share much? Yea, well he is learning to do that because his brother got hit by a car and something horrible happened to him at the Halloween party so like baby steps. I'm trying to do this character development thing and I'm not that good so bare with me.

 I'm trying to do this character development thing and I'm not that good so bare with me