loner § nine

"What the hell happened? When you leave?" I listened to Dee question me through the phone, my attention focused on my television. "Girl like 30 minutes after we got there. As soon as they started playing Beat King." I responded, settling on Arrested Development on Netflix to watch. "Where the fuck you go? I'm waiting to hype you up and shit and then I see you gone." I laughed, shaking my head and putting her on speaker. I leaned forward onto my bed, lying on my stomach and clicking the Instagram app.

"Bitch Clarence came." I laughed again when she let out a loud exasperated sigh. "Clarence. Ugly ass name." I let her let out all the ugly sounds she made before letting her speak again. "And what happened? I know he didn't come for y'all to chill. What y'all nasty asses end up doing?" She continued.

I let out a happy sigh, making her cackle. "Sis, y'all fucked didn't y'all! After you was talking alllll that shit." She teased. "Not even. He just gave me a lil' head, that's it."

She hummed and was probably shaking her head at the thought. "A lil' head? For real? I know you. I know you don't let niggas give you just 'a lil' head'." I shook my head, laughing out loud. "Alright so basically, this all that happened–"

» » »

"Leyanna! Get yo' ass down here!" My mother's yelling scared me awake from my nap. I sat straight up, instantly rolling my eyes. "What this girl want?" I whispered to myself. I was having a good nap but of course she had to come and ruin it. "Leyanna!" She yelled again.

I sighed loudly, slipping out of my bed and walking out my room rubbing my eyes. "Huh?" I asked while making my way down the staircase. "Look, I told you to do these dishes two nights ago. Why am I looking at the same dirty dishes?" She demanded. I stared at the two sink full of dishes and shrugged.

"I forgot, my bad. I got them though." I muttered to end the rest of her yelling. I knew if I would've said anything other than that then she'd go on for an hour about how I don't pay bills and still don't do anything around here. I'm not even here half the time so did it really matter? I listened to her storm off behind me , raised the sleeves of the sweater I was wearing and began taking the dishes out of the sink.

» » »

A week had passed since my whole encounter with Clarence and the party and shit. Still no communication going on between us. I guess I could say I was used to it. I knew it would happen again. I also knew I wasn't about to just sit around and wait for him either. I'm better than that.

It was almost May again now. I graduated last May and still haven't done shit. I was thinking about applying for college again. I didn't have shit else to do anyways. Of course, I needed a job too but I didn't know who was going to pay me enough to hurry up and pay for a tuition and semesters. I was honestly thinking about going to a community college. That'd be less stressful and easier to get through. My mama was always against it but I learned to stop listening to her about certain shit.

I sighed once more, staring at my television. "I'm so bored." I voiced my thoughts out loud. I  grabbed my phone, sending a text to Dee, asking her if she wanted to go to the mall or do something else. I was just tired of sitting up in the house doing nothing. It was all I did all the damn time. I had rearranged my bedroom like twice this week, half cleaned out my closet, and cleaned every bathroom in the house. According to a self care thread, it was 'cluttering my mindset' or some shit like that. I just used it as an excuse to do something.

I scrolled through my timeline and clicked through Snapchat stories to see if anything was going on today. I doubted it since it was a Monday but people were always up to something over here. Especially since spring was approaching. Nothing going on as usual but a couple of people advertising their plugs and weed. I decided to feed in to one, buying a gram from this one dude I'd see on my page a few times. He was delivering and I had ten dollars so it was something.

» » »

Idk what was going on this whole chapter. I started it at 4 something this morning and like just started adding shit on. I guess it's like a filler?