woosah § two

After the last of the blunt was burned and ashed out, Dee was ready to be on the way to see her man. I could clearly notice her change in attitude. "You want me to take you home?" She asked me, turning her attention to me and muting her call. My eyes constantly scanned over the address of the home of some guy I barely knew. Did I wanna go? He didn't look too bad. He didn't act a fool when I've crossed paths with him in past instances. He seemed cool. That's all it would take to make my mind up. Plus, I didn't have anything better to do. I didn't want to go home yet.

"Nah...can you take me here?" I handed her my phone, showing her the address. She read it before nodding and reading his display name.

"Clarence?" She raised an eyebrow and looked up from my phone to me. "With the hair? I guess." I watched as she put the address into her own phone before we were off. I texted him, letting him know that I was on my way. During the drive, I sat and watched the scenery through the window. I had rolled my window up because that was a little too much breeze. It had to be 20 something degrees out right now.

My mind thought of all the possible scenarios that would go down. You know when you just sit and think of situations that would most like never happen? That's what I was doing. In my head, I was visioning a budding friendship between him and I but in my heart I knew that this would probably be my first and last time being in contact with this boy.

I didn't know his place was so close to hers. We had to have been driving for about 5 minutes before we arrived. When she pulled up, I scanned the home. Two story, brick, a garage– an exact replica to the other surrounding houses. The garage door was halfway up and I could see light coming from beneath it. I could see a pair of feet under the door as well and music could be heard when I got out. "You good?" Dee asked, typing on her phone. I nodded, shutting her car door and stuffing my charger in my Polo jacket pocket. I was right, it was definitely freezing out here. I zipped up my jacket to the neck, shivering slightly.

Clarence had said that he was in the garage so I was just going to assume that was his feet under there. I stepped off the curb and onto the driveway. I could hear Dee burn off behind me prompting me to shake my head. She usually would've waited until I got inside but I guess she needed to see her boyfriend that bad. Goals, right?

I began quickly walking up the driveway and up to the garage, trying my best to get out of the cold. It better be heat in here too or I would definitely make the 17 minute walk back to my house. I hesitated before I knocked on the garage door twice. The cool metal caused a chill to go throughout my body and I shivered a bit more. "Damn, I'ma need him to hurry up." I nearly whispered to myself. I could still see my breath in the air despite me barely moving my lips.

I could hear the music stop and whoever was in the garage shuffled some things around. A couple of seconds letter, the door began to lift all the way up and then I was face to face with him. Clarence. I analyzed him, taking in his appearance. From the black and white Nike slides on his feet to the dyed red tips of the thick puff sitting on his head. "Wassup?" He said enthusiastically, leaning in to give me a hug. I accepted his hug while inhaling his jacket. A mixture of cologne and weed filled my nostrils as he squeezed me before pulling away. From looking at his red tinted eyes, I could tell he had already began the festivities. I gave him a light smile, looking around the somewhat empty garage before averting my attention to him again. "You gon' come in?" He asked and stepped aside. I nodded and stepped inside, tightening my jacket around my body while still looking around the garage. Just in case he was a bit iffy, I needed to find some sort of weapon that would get me out of any situation.

A loveseat was in the corner of the garage with an old wooden coffee table in front of it. A small Bluetooth speaker sat on the table along with a magazine that held the remnants of the inside of the gars he used to roll his blunts. Other than that, the room was empty which made it feel way colder than outside. The thick 'garage' smell still lingered in the air along with the weed's scent.

"You can sit down. You want something to drink?" I watched him walk across the room to lower the door. "Yeah." I replied, following him and sitting down on the couch, crossing my ankles and taking my phone out. He went inside the house and I sat there on the couch, waiting for him to return. I needed him to hurry up though. I came here to smoke, not to chit chat over drinks.

He returned five minutes later, laughing at something. I could hear other sets of voices from in the house as he shut the door. In one hand, he had two bottles of water and in the other he had a bottle of Hennessy. I nearly gagged looking at the liquor. I wasn't a fan of alcohol but once I got ahold of it, I couldn't stop downing it. Definitely wasn't about to be fucked up around him. Who knows what would happen?

He handed me one of the water bottles and plopped down on the couch beside me while removing a Swisher package from his pocket. He emptied the contents on the table and revealed two of the three blunts he flashed on Snapchat for me. I watched him spark it with a black lighter and take a puff, smoke blowing all in his face. He looked up at me from the blunt and passed it to me, leaning back into the couch with his eyes trained on me.

A few minutes passed and we were good and high, asking about each other. I learned he was 18, lived with both his parents and brother, and was trying to make it big in the music industry. He was showing me his number of SoundCloud plays and shit and I was honestly going to forget all of this information before the end of the night.

I didn't tell him much, just my age, what I did (which was nothing), and a little about my family. He revealed to me that he used to try to fuck with Dee but she turned him down or something.

"Her and that nigga are meant to be, shit." He reminisced. I let out a light laugh and nodded, agreeing. "So what about you? You talk to anybody?" He asked, the now half-empty Hennessy bottle in his hand again. I had taken a few shots but I knew my limit. I shook my head 'no' while watching him take another sip. His face never frowned up like mines did. I could never get used to the taste. He chuckled, sitting the bottle down before licking his lips.

"Why not? You scared or something?" I frowned at the question and shook my head 'no' again. "I just never been into relationships, I guess." I shrugged. "I've never had anything serious." He nodded as if he understood before we went silent again. He kept checking his phone, laughing at whatever was on there which began to get annoying. I rolled my eyes while watching him. "What?" I finally asked.

He looked up from his phone to stare at me for a moment before shaking his head, laughing again and mumbling "Nah, nevermind." under his breath and getting on his phone again. I frowned while looking at him. "Nevermind what? What?" I repeated.

He didn't say anything for a good minute before he shrugged looking at me and twisting a piece of his hair that fell out of his puff. "Can I fuck?"