throw dat ass § seven

I frowned, finally recognizing the voice. Clarence's dumbass. I moved his arm off of me and stepped away from him. "You miss me?" He asked, leaning onto the space on the wall beside me. I didn't respond, just look around the room. 'Throw Dat Ass' by Beat King began playing and I jumped on the inside. I watched all the girls get off the wall and get hype and start dancing. I was about to go out into the crowd as well but Clarence grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "On God you not going out there." I raised an eyebrow looking at him. "On God?" I asked. He confirmed it by repeating what I said.

I turned to look at Denise to see her throwing ass to Bryson. I started hyping her up, moving Clarence's arm off of me. "Ayyyy, that's my bitch! Throw that ass!" I hyped her up, clapping and turning on my flash to draw attention to her. Some people started crowding around them, recording the 'power couple'. I'm sure I'd see the videos on Instagram later.

"Come here." Clarence said in my ear. I let him grab my forearm and pull me out of the crowd and onto him. "I got something in the car." He said into my ear and pulled away, looking at me. I stared at him blankly. "Okay...?" I wasn't sure of the answer he was looking for.

I could see him kiss his teeth before taking hold of my arm again and leading me out of the party. We walked outside in the freezing cold. I wore a long sleeve striped polo shirt but it was cropped so my exposed stomach was feeling it tonight. He started leading me somewhere and I was beginning to grow irritated. I could feel that shot and slushy start to hit me and he was walking too fast for my legs to catch up.

"Where the hell we going?" I finally asked. It felt like we had been walking for forever. "Shut yo ass up." He said, his car finally coming into view. I frowned, snatching my arm from him. "You shut up. The fuck." I lowly responded. He had opened the passenger door for me and most likely didn't hear what I said. He was looking at me, expecting me to get in. Instead, I crossed my arms and stared back at him. I could feel myself slightly swaying and I was trying my best to keep my balance. My arms crossed over my chest and I leaned onto his car to hide the fact that I was due to fall on my ass any second now.

"What you doing?" He laughed, watching me. "Get in, girl."

I shook my head 'no', tightening my crossed arms. A harsh breeze passed us and almost knocked me over. "Look at you, drunk ass." He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, putting me in the car. I huffed as he got in on the other side. "Clarence what-" I sighed aloud mid sentence, turning to him. "Why am I here?" I questioned with a frown on my face. I wanted to be inside, in the warmth and where people were having fun. Not out here with his wishy-washy ass.

"I'm tryna be alone with you, what you mean?" He asked while turning on the heat and plugging his aux cord into his phone. "Nah, you just want your dick wet." I knew that was the only thing he wanted. Why else would he have ghosted on me and then pop up to a party I was at just to sit in a car with me? For giggles and laughs?

He chuckled, on his phone now. "I do miss it... but nah, I wanted to see you. I haven't seen you in a hot minute."

I watched him on his phone. His brightness was at an annoyingly high level and it was irritating me. "Turn your brightness down, damn." I expressed. He looked up from his phone to me while biting one of his fingernails. His bright ass screen lit up his face and mouth, illuminating the slugs on his top row teeth. I wasn't even about to lie, he looked fine as hell at the moment. Eight long red plaits fell out of the black beanie placed on his head and in the dark I could see diamonds gleaming in his ears. Some beard stubble was finally noticeable, along with a few mustache hairs. I stared, biting my lower lip. I don't know why he looked ten times better right now.

"Why the hell you looking at me like that lil' girl? What you want, this dick?"

I frowned at his choice of words. He had to go and open his mouth and made himself ten times less attractive. "Pig." I muttered, checking my phone for the time. We had been out here for damn near a hour, sitting in this now hot ass car and not saying anything to each other. I began opening my door only for him to lock it. "Where you going?" He spoke up. I nodded towards the building and unlocked the door myself. "You being a lame right now and I'm trying to go T-up." I exclaimed, pushing the door open. I stopped when he hooked his fingers in the belt loops of my jeans and pulled me back. "Nah, we finna dip."

I frowned and turned around, smacking his hands off of me. "No, you're about to dip." I said back, adding extra emphases on 'you're'. He smacked his lips and began whining like he was three.

"Please, babygirl." He wined, pulling on my belt loops. My face lit up at that word. Babygirl. He couldn't see me since I was facing the other way. The word kept replaying over and over in my head. Babygirl.

I let out a playful sigh although I was giddy inside. "I guess, Clarence."