Chapter 1

READ ALL THE WAY TO THE END: ANNOUNCEMENT

***************************************************************************

I really tried to go back to sleep after the cold shower. Keyword: tried, but annoyingly, my mind and my body just didn't seem to get the memo that getting a couple of hours of sleep would have been the "key to success" as DJ Khaled would often say. I chuckled at that. Oh god I'm such a mess. Sighing, I pulled my long dark brown hair into a perfect bun and began putting on light makeup that consisted only of cherry tinted lip balm and mascara. In the process of doing this, my body jerked, when it heard the booming honking sound coming from outside scaring the shit out of me.

"Flipping Hell!" I cursed out, slightly irritated. I walked towards the window to stare outside and spotted ke'ke in her car, grinning from ear to ear and waving at me like a maniac. I pointed at my face so she could see that her antics had caused my mascara to smear on my eyelid instead of my eyelashes and flipped her off.

Laughing, she blew a kiss my way and I snorted, leaning away from the window to walk into my closet and change quickly. I walked out the house after locking the door and texted my dad to let him know I was out and made my way towards my best friend who was singing loudly to Rihanna.

"Did you really had to honk? I swear you woke up the whole neighborhood. You could've texted or called to let me know you were out front waiting." I said drily, as I climbed into her car and put my seat belt on. Ke'ke bit her lip as if trying to remember something, -ignoring me- then turned to face the window that she put down. "I'll see you later Señora Cruz! And si, I'll be back for the food! Ya tu sabe que me gusta su comida," yelled ke'ke, letting out her dominican accent on purpose at my neighbor who was standing outside her porch, staring at us in amusement.

I laughed and looked at the time. "Let's go, we're going to be late to school."

"Give me a sec, I just have to tell the rest of the community hello. Buenos Dias! " Ke'ke said as she waved at the rest of the neighbors in greetings and after a minute of them responding back warmly at her, she started her car and drove.

Ke'kes full name is Tynesha Akeyna Richards. She's mixed with black and Hispanic, with smooth mocha honeyed skin, and long black hair. Everyone knew her and those who didn't, knew of her. She was loyal and caring, but crazy as fuck when it came down to protecting and defending those she loved. And let's also not forget to add in the fact that she has an alter ego named Kim, and when Kim comes out.... I winced, feeling bad for the poor soul who might meet that side of Ke'ke one day. Kim was notorious for landing people in the hospital unconscious.

While at a red light, Ke'ke took the time to look me over and opened her mouth. "I got some-"

"For the last time Ke'ke, I am not wearing your heels." I said interrupting her.

"But-"

"I almost died last time, remember?" I told her, looking through my bag to find my class notes. I felt her cringe at the memory and I smiled.

"Ok but practice makes perfect and I can-"

"Last time I checked, you had no patience whatsoever and I fell into the lake fountain in front of everyone after the waiter spilled spaghetti all over me," I reminded her.

"Yes and I beat him up for that remember?" she protested and continued to drive after the light turned green.

"And you got arrested for that remember," I said, finally pulling out my medical terminology notes and looked over them. "Oh that... yeah best time of my life" she said biting her lip.

"But I defended your honor," We both busted out laughing at that corny line.

"Headass" I said chuckling.