His Satisfaction

Song: Sigrid- Everybody Knows ------ This song is from Justice League and I just feel like it honestly fits this chapter so well.

Don't be a silent reader. Vote and tell me what you think!

Time had become irrelevant the longer I stayed in the cell. I no longer knew nor cared how long I had been down here. Instead, I stared at Ivy's unconscious body for what seemed like forever. Selene and I had not been on good terms for quite some time, but staring at Ivy's unconscious body, talking to Selene was all I could do. I prayed for what seemed like hours that Ivy would awaken, when finally, she stirred.

Scrambling over to her, as gently as I could without hitting her fragile wings, I pulled her closer to me. "Ivy, can you hear me?" I whispered softly, hoping my voice didn't get lost in the melancholic environment around us. Moans of despair and cries of sorrow had been echoing off the walls like a never ending song, chipping away at the fragile grasp I had on reality.

Shortly after I threw up my white flag in exchange for Ivy's life, her and I were both escorted to the cells in the basement. The cells looked exactly like the ones I had seen a long time ago when I had broken my father out of the Dynoat's clutches. However, I knew they were different because I blew that building off the ground after we had rescued all the creatures.

Like before though, as we walked through I saw a variety of creatures in different states of anguish and ruin. I kept my head forward too caught up in my own despair to see anyone else's.

She let out a soft breath, before a tiny smile graced her face, eyes still closed. "Avril, is that you?" Eyes slowly opening, like it pained her to do see, she gazed happily at me through half closed lids. "Hi, friend. Are you alright?"

"Oh, Ivy." I tenderly caressed her hair, feeling heaviness settle upon my chest at the fact that she was asking me if I was okay instead of worrying about herself.

"What happened?"

At my question, her tired facial expression shattered into solemnness. "I think Alem is dead." Then she began to sob.

Shock radiated through me at the news as I took her in my arms, once again rocking her like I wished someone would have done for me all those years back when I thought my father was dead.

"Th-they attacked us." Ivy stuttered out, her body shaking and her arms holding me tight against her like it was the only thing keeping her anchored. "They slaughtered through the Amazonians with weapons and creatures I had never seen before. They killed so many. Jerica, she's dead. She was pregnant! They killed her!"

Jerica and I had never got along. In actuality, a lot of my pain had been indirectly and directly due to her. Yet, the thought of her being dead and Ivy being hurt, even though Jerica bullied her too, brought tears to my eyes.

Ivy's anguish and despair became mine as I tried to stay strong. One of us had to, at least.

"I think Alem was working with him?" Her breaths were slow and harsh, her sobs quieting down to sniffles.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Who?"

"Zeddicus." Ivy breathed. "The Dynoat tyrant."

So that was his name.

"Why would he do that?" I questioned.

Ivy shrugged, sniffling. "I don't know. I remember all of fairies were locked in this container that zapped away our magic, yet I could hear them. They told Alem his luck had ran out and that he'd regret the day he betrayed them before one stomped on him like bug."