Broken Puzzle Pieces

Song: Clarity-Zedd( Describes Ike's and Avril's relationship very well at this point)

Trigger Warning: Abuse

Fire tore at my throat as I heaved my lunch into the glass bowl. My stomach unclenched, clenched, and then unclenched tightly again and I found myself repeating the same action. A painful emptiness filled my stomach, tears blurring my vision and throat burning. Weakly, a whimper tore from my lips as I slowly slid down to the floor, head resting on the wall and arms circling me.

"What can we do to stop this?" Ivy asked Mist and Kaiya. Her blue glow lit up the bathroom as she hovered anxiously behind me. "The celebration hasn't even been going on for an hour and she's been gone for almost half an hour."

Kaiya and Mist who were both poised on either side of the bathroom entrance stared down at me both perplexed and worried.

"It's the bond." Mist supplied. "I don't think I have ever met kindred spirits who have held out this long on finishing the bond. Selena does not like you spitting it on what she gives you, which may explain why both her and Ike are having these effects."

My ears perked up at that, and my drooping eyes rolled over to them. "Ike too?"

Kaiya nodded. "Yeah just saw Aeon, he said Ike has been puking his brains out too." Head resting against the wall, arms crossed, and one leg bent and holding her weight on the wall she gave me an unamused look at my state. "You guys honestly just need to fuck. Plain and simple."

Just like the nausea, annoyance tore at my seams and it took everything I had not to lose my temper at Kaiya's blunt advice. Instead, I slowly shook my head, too tired to give her my normal fight. "I'm not ready for that."

"Why not?" Mist asked...dumbly if I might add.

Either it was the question or just the state I was in, but I snapped a retort at her pretty sharply. "Jeez, I don't know maybe it's the fact that I can't fuck someone I don't really trust."

Kaiya threw her arms in the air. "For crying out loud. You look like shit Avril."

Wow, I almost missed Kaiya's bluntness.

"You and Ike are going through it because you guys are refusing the bond. I know. I know. We were idiots, we all fucked up, and we hurt you. You don't have to forgive us if you don't want to, but damn look at you!"

Mist made a noise that sounded in between a squeak and choke as she eyed Kaiya appalled.

"It's true. She doesn't have to forgive us. Aeon and I talked about it and he made me see the light per say." He eyes turned from a frowning Mist to me. "Avril, we understand. Trust takes time, and we shattered it. It's broken. It'll take time for you trust us, but why put you and Ike in this situation. You're having nose bleeds, headaches, and stomach cramps, and all this other stuff because you guys haven't conjoined. Ike's ready, he's only waiting for you."

"Don't put pressure on her!" Mist snapped and Kaiya scowled at her. Ahh, back to the days when they used to argue. "My brother will wait for an eternity if he has to for her to be ready. There's no rush."

Eyes wide, Kaiya flicked her hands to me dramatically. "No rush, look at her. She's fucking deteriorating." I didn't think I looked that bad, but hell I hadn't looked in a mirror since I rushed into the bathroom about a half an hour ago if Ivy is right.

"You guys can't act like you suddenly care about her wellbeing now!" Ivy pitched in, protectively standing in front of me as I threw myself back over the toilet and hurled again.

"We've always cared!" Kaiya screamed.

"That's true, we messed up but we're trying!" Mist add, all their voices getting loud.