Just in Time

Don't be a silent reader, vote and tell me what you think.

"Avril."

The soft whisper woke up my senses, but all I could see was darkness. My arms felt on fire, but I felt stronger now so I knew that my body had been able to power up in my blackened haze.

"Avril, are you awake?" That sounded like Kaiya.

Reluctantly, I forced my eyes to open. A low groan wheezed from my mouth, the molten pain in my arms soared as I came more into the incoming present.

I, we, were in what looked like an underground cell. Blackness and rusted stone walls enclosed us. Looking closer, I realized we were in a large hole with walls made out of stone. Half of the ceiling was covered by the grim looking stone but a small portion of it was opened to the world above us; there a stream of light dully lit this stuffy encasement. Worn stairs made out of dirt led up into the opening.

"Where are we?" My throat felt dry, my voice came out in a cracked wheeze. When was the last time I had any form of liquid?

"From what I can tell it's a jail cell. I've been up for a few hours and there's people up there. I heard them. They've been talking, but I can't understand what they're saying." Mist's voice sounded from the left of me.

I turned to her seeing her hanging, shackled,  by her arms. She looked weak, the exact way I felt, but there was fire behind her eyes reminding me that even though Mist gave out the vibe of being dainty and fragile, she was anything but that. Realization hit and I turned to my arms seeing that just like her's, they were dangled above me too. Selene, how did I always get in these crazy predicaments.

"How long have we been hanging like this?" I glanced at the rusted shackles. The throbbing in my arms seemed to appear with vigor since I now had my full attention on the manacles. Lowly, I groaned.

"Since yesterday." Kaiya muttered dryly from beside me.

"The boys?"

"I don't know." Both of them said, the solemness laced in their tone wasn't missed on me.

"We'll get out of this, guys. We just have to think of a plan." I tried to build them up, but they both snorted skeptically at me. What the hell was up with them twinning all of a sudden?

"There's no plan. We're locked down here, waiting for our fate like sitting ducks and Teelah is still unconscious..."

"While the boys are probably being prepared to be mated like breeding horses!" Kaiya finished Mist's rant, the frustration and powerlessness clear in her voice.

Hearing that, my thoughts instantly went to Ike. Dark thoughts surfaced of a random woman, her hands on him, her seeing him in places that I have not even seen yet. With those horrible images in mind, I began struggling in my chains. No one would touch Ike or try to have their way with him. If any one touched him, they would all die from my hands. It was quite simple.

"There's no use in doing that, the shackles are on tight. Kaiya and I have tried everything...our elemental powers still aren't working." Mist sighed, head turned slightly watching my erratic-like movements.

"But Ike used his powers last night, and we couldn't even use our elemental powers." Kaiya noted and my stubborn struggling stopped temporarily remembering how he had blasted that woman with water when she had attacked me.

"He's stronger than the rest of us and just like Avril, he overexerted his body too. He may have been able to do it though due to seeing his kindred spirit in turmoil. Kindred spirits can make you do crazy things." Mist answered wisely, but tone emotionless. I frowned having an inkling of where her thoughts were.