t h i r t e e n

CHAPTER THIRTEEN❝ almost there ❞

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
almost there ❞

HAYDEN TAKES A seat on Emmett's bed, kicking off her shoes and making herself comfortable as she sits indian-style. She takes her time while looking around his room, expecting for him to say something. But all he does is embrace the silence, and sit down in front of her. While she examines every detail, he finds himself staring at her wandering eyes. They were beautiful, and he wished that his eyes could meet hers so he could stare a bit longer and get lost in them.

"You're not much on decorating, huh?" She asks, her gaze finally catching on a family photo on his dresser. "Your family is gorgeous, by the way. Every one of you oddly resemble angels, and I kind of wonder about that sometimes."

"That was random," Emmett snorts, before giving her a smirk. "But I knew my good looks would charm you eventually. Everyone falls for me at some point, whether they admit it or not."

"Your giant ego is making my head hurt," Hayden groans, planting her face in her hands. "When will it go away?"

"When will your curiosity die out?" Emmett raises an eyebrow. "Every time we have a simple conversation, you have at least twenty questions."

"Without curiosity, how would we have electricity? Or phones? Or anything, for that matter?" Hayden clicks her tongue, shooting him a grin. "Asking questions is a sign of progress and intelligence. I'll be an Einstein one day, you'll see."

"You probably need to work on your handwriting, in that case," the boy laughs, getting up to open the window across from them.

"I hate you," she rolls her eyes. "And your stupid handwriting. When will the teasing stop? Must I throw you out the window to gain your silence?"

"I mean, you can try," the raven-haired boy shrugs, standing up straighter and tightening his muscles. "But it'll take a lot to get me down."

Hayden narrows her eyes, getting up off of the bed before cracking her knuckles and tilting her head to the side. "We'll see about that. Game on."

With a battle cry, Hayden rushes forward and slams into Emmett's chest with all her might. When he doesn't seem to budge at the impact, she begins to grow frustrated, she places her arms on his shoulders and shoves with every ounce of strength in her body. Yet he still doesn't move. The boy chuckles at her weak attempts, shaking his head in disappointment.

"You have no muscle whatsoever," Emmett teases her as she grunts and continues to push him. "I promise you won't make me fall out of this window, Hayden. You're going to hurt yourself."

Hayden ignores his comment, determined to prove him wrong. She was not weak, and she would certainly remove his body from the room, even if she had to throw a chair to get him outside. Emmett grabs her wrists, holding them steady to stop her from pushing him.