o n e

CHAPTER ONE❝ new town ❞

CHAPTER ONE
new town ❞

     IF HAYDEN MARRIS could describe Forks in one word, it would be 'different'. In her weekend of being there, she had realized it was quieter than most other places, and peaceful. The weather was off, of course, but Hayden could definitely deal with the rain and cloudy skies. The people she had met, however, had showed that the weather didn't have an affect on their personalities.

Mike Newton, her tour guide around the high school, happened to be the brightest of them all. He was welcoming, in a sense that the girl whole-heartedly needed. Being new to the small population had earned her some unwanted attention as the new girl, and a welcoming smile made her feel a bit better.

During her two days in Washington, she had met most of the locals‒ courtesy of her mother and father. They had lived in Forks quite a time ago, then made the move to Georgia before Hayden was born. Why, Hayden had no idea. But growing up there got her accustomed to the warm weather; something she would most likely grow to miss, along with occasional trips to the beach. Luckily, she was informed that La Push was a popular hangout spot, and she would be granted permission to check it out soon enough.

The Marris family's move back home had been announced two weeks ago, as soon as Hayden had arrived home from softball practice. It was a surprise- why had her parents decided to move back so soon? But she didn't question their sudden decision. Hayden had to admit that she wouldn't miss her school, since all of the students were fake. Her departure left an open spot on the softball team, though- one that wouldn't be so easily filled by a newcomer to the sport.

When arriving to the small town, she found that her parents had bought back their old home; one located close to La Push, so that she would have the chance to enjoy the beach when she wanted. Strangers showed up over the course of their time here, all greeting her parents with open arms. Even the chief and his daughter, Bella, had come to meet the new addition to the family since they had last been in Forks.

Bella and Hayden had gotten along quite well, although Hayden noticed that she wasn't really the type to open up easily. But nonetheless, over the span of three hours, Bella learned almost everything about Hayden. They had talked up until the moment Charlie had gotten a call from the station, and bid the family goodbye. Bella and Hayden exchanged phone numbers, preparing for the friendship ahead.

Hayden hoped Bella would be at school today. A familiar face would calm down her nerves of everything new being shoved in her direction.

The brunette had awoken late that morning, slipping into a comfortable sweater and pair of jeans before she brushed her teeth and bid her parents goodbye. Since the town was fairly small, she had no problem finding the high school. Hayden had hated everyone's eyes on her as she exited her jeep and grabbed her bag from the backseat. Her brown natural curls had bounced as she walked, and she felt the urge to pull them back into a ponytail.