t w o

CHAPTER TWO❝ friends ❞

CHAPTER TWO
friends ❞

HAYDEN WASN'T TOO interested during her gym class, resulting in her sitting on the bleachers while most of the other girls played volleyball. She wasn't disappointed in the least, and was, in fact, enjoying herself with a new book. The girl was sprawled out with her bag sitting by her feet, all of her attention focused on the book.

Emmett had walked her to class, leading a comfortable silence as he dropped her off at the gym and bid her goodbye. She was surprised that he had suggested to walk her to class, but wasn't going to push it by asking questions. But since then, she hadn't socially interacted with anyone around her. They didn't seem to be too interested in her, and she felt the same for them.

Hayden could feel eyes on her before she turned her head, catching the eyes of a boy in the bleachers opposite of her. In fact, there was more than one pair of eyes on her, another belonging to a girl. The boy's face held no expression as he stared at her, his eyes reminding her of Emmett's. His hair was in natural blonde waves that reached his shoulders, and a pale complexion.

The girl had a pixie cut, her dark hair framing her face perfectly. Her cheekbones were high, and her eyes were dark like the boy's. And, unsurprisingly, her skin was just as pale as his. And there was one thing that Hayden couldn't deny.

They were utterly beautiful.

The two were as gorgeous as Emmett, and she guessed that they were all siblings from the way their skin and eyes stood out from everyone else at the school. It wasn't long until Hayden realized that the girl's lips had twitched into a smile. Hayden reacted in the only way she could think of- to return the smile with one of her own.

But what ruined her earlier assumption was when the brunette realized they were holding hands‒ so they weren't brother and sister. Then why did their skin and eyes look so alike? But, despite her urge to question herself further on the pair, Hayden decided to move her eyes back to the book, and made sure they stayed on the page.

---

"I normally sit with Eric, Jessica, and Angela," Mike says to Hayden as they emerge from the lunch line in the cafeteria.

Hayden held a tray, of which she had only a piece of pizza, french fries, and a water bottle. One thing she did mind in Forks? The school lunch. She didn't complain though, only paying attention to Mike as he led her past several empty tables. He was all too infused in his own words that he almost ran into a chair.

The girl giggles as he awkwardly pats the chair, moving around it. Mike composes himself by clearing his throat, clasping his hands together, and continuing his earlier sentence.