15 In Search of Kaiti

A/N: Haha, Here's to you, Musiq4lyf. I've uploaded le new chapter xD I've been taking forever to upload recently, my apologies :'( Btw, Check the pic on the side! Recognize the pendant? ;P

Hope you guys enjoy this one. And don't forget to comment/vote! ^.^

፠CHAPTER FIFTEEN፠

Everyone’s bickering was starting to take over my mind and it felt like I needed to slam myself into a wall several times before it ended. I patiently waited, then shot through the big metal doors as soon as they opened and ignored the ones who called after me.

My sight was blurry has I stumbled down the hall and a large hand grabbed my fore arm just as I was about to snatch the door handle.

“Hey, you! Turn back now! What do you think you’re doing?!”

I pulled away, frustrated, and turned around just to have a pair of deep blue eyes stare back at me. No, they weren’t Chayn’s –too dark to be his, anyway- but belonged to a young guy with straight, long brown hair that ended at his shoulders instead. By the looks of it, I assumed he was another Guard.

“Miss, I need you to please follow me back into the chambers. This is no joke.” He announced.

“Of course it isn’t! And I know that! That’s why I’m leavi-” I was interrupted mid-sentence, when the door behind me flung open, pressing me against the hard surface of the wall in one quick swish.

“Close the metal doors!” I heard the guy order to the others while I tried to shake the pain away.

Several dogs –those black, red-eyed monsters from Harroway Woods- raced through the doors, ready to attack. The guy pulled out a gun swiftly, and before I knew it, bright lights started flashing in my eyes. Taking this as an opportunity, I stumbled out the door despite the young man demanding that I turn back.

I couldn’t believe my eyes at the sight. The whole of Campus A was in chaos, with the flames and monsters roaming around. It seemed like no one was there to stop it. Shouldn’t they have been prepared for something like this?

No. They were Nyala. I thought to myself. You just ruined it all.

I shook the thought away and began running for the town. They hadn’t brought in Kaiti yet, so what could have possibly happened then?! I squealed and ducked as a bird flew over my head, missing me by inches, and slid across the dirt. It felt like I was at War. Paying no attention to the dirt and minor scratches on my skin, I stood up once again and resumed my path towards town.

One minute I was zooming through Campus B, and the next, the air was forced out of my lungs as a black dog smacked into my side, sending us both skidding across the dirt. I squirmed as the monster snapped and barked at my face, and I tried my best to keep its face away from mine. The stench of the dog’s musty breath filled my nose and I gagged when a slimy substance dripped down my fore arm. My mouth let out short steady breaths, and my heart rate quickened gradually the more I fought with this creature. It snapped at my hand and a scarlet red liquid appeared where my skin was torn open. I squealed but the weight was suddenly lifted off of me. The dog whimpered and slammed into a nearby tree before collapsing to the ground. I quickly forced myself up and wiped the blood off onto my shirt. That’s when I noticed the arrow piercing straight through its neck.

“Wha-?” I started.

“Miss.”

My head whipped into the direction of the voice to see the long haired gentleman.

“Don’t make this any more difficult than it is. Can you please make your way back to the chambers for safety?” He took a couple of steps closer to me.

Trembling from the earlier scene, I nodded and made my way towards him. Just when he was about to take my hand, however, I spotted the gun in his side pocket and aimed towards that instead. With one swift move, I pulled the gun out and quickly shot towards the sky, not expecting the impact it would have on my arm. As the whole area lighted up with a blinding light, I heard the guy yell, but continued running toward the town anyway.

“Terribly sorry!” I shouted back and held my right arm as it pained me terribly. 

I was more than exhausted by the time I’d reached the town. To my surprise, it was completely empty and quiet. All the stores had closed up, and I felt like I was the only one around. I presumed it made sense as the town was the furthest away from Harroway Woods.

“Kaiti!” I yelled out from the top of my lungs, but of course, heard no reply.

Still out of breath, I ran through alleys and behind buildings but saw no one. Bracing myself against a wall, I slid to the floor and took a look at my arm, which wasn’t in such a bad condition than I thought it was. Just then, I heard the weirdest noise that sounded very much like a hiss. Looking up made me feel as if a whole weight had fallen on my shoulders.

“Oh no.” I nearly burst into tears.

Surrounding me was a whole pit of monstrous snakes. I had no idea what I should’ve feared more; the spikes that aligned their body, or the fact the each of their fangs were about the size of my index finger. I stood up and eyed them all as they slowly made their way to me. From the two times that I’d been in Harroway Woods, not once had I ever seen these types of snakes. I shivered at the thought of there being even more monstrous creatures in existence. I fidgeted with the gun in my hands and aimed carefully, preparing for the impact this time. With my eyes tightly shut, I shot the gun into the space that contained most of the snakes. Before the light was able to disappear, I made a run for it.

Finally, I decided to give up scoping the town and turn back, but a shrill cry had me hesitant to do so. My hairs stood on edge as the cry filled the air once again, and I felt I had no choice but to follow it. What if it was Kaiti surrounded by whatever was left of those snakes?

Forcing every step I took, I made my way to wherever the voice was coming from and that’s when I saw him.

“Alerion?!” I bellowed.

There, in the far corner of a building, stood the short boy trembling as a black dog growled and barked at him. I rolled my eyes at the scene. Who was he? A side-kick or a victim? Either way, there were things I wanted to get straight with him. Aiming the gun in his direction, I took one last shot as his eyes grew big and heard a loud whimper. The dog collapsed on the floor.

I ran in his direction and pulled him to his feet.

“You!” I barked at him. “Why did you-?”

His expression was still fearful, but his gaze wasn’t on me. I noticed a shadow steadily growing around us and jumped to the ground before the monstrous bird was able to grip my shoulders. It squawked and flew high over our heads again, giving me the chance to get back on my feet and run. Alerion stood still, however, and backed himself against the wall. How pathetic. “What are you doing? Run!”

Being focused on him instead of myself was a mistake as I didn’t see it coming when the bird swooped down once again, not missing me this time.

“No!” I squirmed and it’s claws gripped tighter around my shoulders.

The gun fell from my hand and to the ground that was now a couple of feet away. I was frustrated and just had the feel to tear this creature apart, but I knew I was too weak to do so. Still squirming, the creature lowered itself and finally let go. I tumbled across the floor, wondering where the creature had taken me. Coughing, I got to my knees, my skin covered in dust and gasped when I decided to look up. My body turned cold.

“Senious.” I whispered.