19 The Human Girl

፠CHAPTER NINETEEN፠

I watched as the droplets of water that dripped from my hair glided down my collar bone and onto the white towel that I’d kept wrapped around my body. Staring at myself in the mirror I noticed that besides the couple of bruises on my face and body, I’d been in pretty good shape. The necklace remained hung around my neck and I observed its beauty. The nurses thought that sending me back to my room would’ve made me feel more comfortable. However, I was feeling anything but. They’d said that if I needed help, I should give them a call using my dorm phone. I was lucky to even have my dorm still in good shape. There were others who’d had to remain in the hospital or even in a motel in town because the school buildings were still under maintenance.

My head was still filled. Full of Senious, and what a mess Calambria turned out to be. I needed to sort out everything in my mind. Needed someone to explain to me what it was exactly that I’d done. Was everything really fine now?

Just as I’d questioned it, someone wrapped softly onto my dorm door. Assuming it was Kaiti at the door, I allowed the person to enter despite my presence in nothing but a towel.

“Feeling better?” I heard her ask, but I couldn’t answer.

Physically, I was indeed feeling less exhausted, and my bruises had begun to heal. But mentally, I couldn’t think straight. I was still taunted by Senious’s evil smile, disgusted that it had once lured me in. I shook my head slightly.

“I don’t know.” With a sigh, I tightened the towel around me. “Do you think our meeting with Mrs. Beccam will clear up some things for me?”

Kaiti’s expression turned sceptical. “Depends. What things do you need to clear up? I mean, she might just want to know if you’re okay.”

I shook my head. After all this trouble I’ve caused, I doubt it was just to check up on my well-being.

After Kaiti had helped me get ready, I dragged my feet as I opened my room door to exit my dorm. Before I was able to step out, however, someone was in my way. There, Chayn stood, as if waiting for me to come out.

“Wha…” I mumbled.

He peered into my dorm, where Kaiti stood, waiting to exit behind me.

“Do you have any time to talk?” he questioned.

I turned around and my eyes met with Kaiti’s. I gave her a look as if asking for her permission. 

“Fine, fine. Just kick me out, will you?” She spat, but smiled anyway as she brushed passed the two of us. “I’ll be waiting by the office.”

With a roll of his eyes, and a sigh, Chayn slid his way into my dorm and stood still, his hands in his pockets. He seemed more calm at the time, though still grumpy as always.

I shut the door quietly and there was an awkward silence between us.

“I’ll make it fast-”

“Actually,” Kaiti cut him off as she opened the door. “Mrs. Beccam wants to see us now. Can this wait?”

I turned my glance to Chayn, who seemed a bit ticked off. “Are you kidding me? Me too?”

An evil grin spread across Kaiti’s face. “Yes, you too.”

--¤፥ º̊‡° ˚̈̇᎐፤•∙ⶑ†--

“Glad you decided to join me so early, Ms. Garmound.” Mrs. Beccam sat behind her desk, her arms folded before her. “I honestly thought you’d take more time off instead of coming here and having a boring old chat with me.”