8 Weaponry

*Dedicated to Aidenivey1928 for being a dedicated reader! :)

A/N : Thank you to everyone who's reading this book! You guys are awesome :D I never actually thought so many people would add this to their reading list! I reallyyy appreciate it. Also, if you're a dedicated reader and have read this far, lemme know so that I can dedicate a chapter to you! :D I've already dedicated a couple of chapters to some readers, but I have little space for some more. :) Thanks.

*Chapter not proofread

፠CHAPTER EIGHT፠

It wasn’t long before I’d found myself back in my dorm, thinking deeply about the words that the mysterious figure had said to me. If he was right, it could be my way out. But if he was wrong, then I’d be in more trouble than ever. Especially if it involved the hidden gateway to the human world located in Campus C. After all, he didn’t seem like the trusting type, but if he was my only hope, then I wouldn’t mind joining him.

Voices were heard from outside in the hall before I had any more time to set my mind straight.

“Really, Chayn, she said she was tired. You’ll disturb her if you go in now.” I heard Kaiti say.

“I just want to check up on her.” Chayn’s slurry words echoed through the door.

My heart stopped suddenly when he flung open the door and tumbled inside. He seemed a bit surprised, but no one could’ve been more shocked than Kaiti at that moment.

“Nyala?!” she exclaimed, but then quickly recovered. “You’re still awake?”

She gave me a look of confusion, then motioned Chayn back out of the door.
“See? I told you there was no reason to worry. Bye!”

The door slammed shut and she swivelled around to me in less than a second.

“You didn’t go?!” her voice was full of accusation.

“I… did.” I replied.
She sighed and plopped down beside me, clearly disappointed. “What happened?”

I shook my head and shrugged. “It’s all a legend.”

“Oh, Nyala.” She breathed out and gave me a quick squeeze. “You’re kidding me! I was sure our plan would’ve worked out fine.”

Kaiti gave a look of sympathy and dropped the rest of her body onto my bed. “All of that work for absolutely nothing.”

My eyelids were drooping over my eyes, but I fought myself awake, at least for that quick moment.

“Well what if I told you I had another plan up my sleeve?” I yawned.

Then, I dropped down beside her and faded away into my dreams, thinking that maybe, there’s still hope.

--¤፥ º̊‡° ˚̈̇᎐፤•∙ⶑ†--

The next day, I woke up to find that Kaiti had left. I felt bad, not that I’d fallen asleep on her, but rather because I’d let her down, along with whoever had to contribute to our little plan last night. But what could I do if the gate wasn’t there in the first place?

I got ready, trying to keep my mind in focus the whole time, then set off for another day of class. Kaiti hadn’t showed up at my door this morning which was quite odd as she’d come in every morning before I even had the chance to wake up. Chayn hadn’t showed up either, but I guessed it was probably because of a major hangover. I wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case.