4 Escape

• Dedicated to Linette S.

*Dedicated to my best friend, Linette for helping me when I've run out of ideas for this story xP 

A/N: Hello all :) This chapter is reallllyyy short. But that's because it's from someone else's P.O.V. Which means, no, Nyala isn't the one narrating this chapter. It might be short, but it adds a little mystery to it so I hope you guys enjoy it. Thank you :D

፨CHAPTER FOUR፨

The atmosphere. It contained a foreign scent. One I couldn’t quite decipher. There was something different in the hot, musty air, but the scent was being covered by a more foul and sickening smell. I dashed through the pestering branches that were in my way and followed my gut, as I always did. But I just came to find that I was too late. Flies surrounded the area, where about eight to ten viscous dogs lay dead. Their usual piercing red eyes were now black and lifeless. My hands formed into fists. Who could’ve done this? In the sky, a squawking Killer Eagle spiralled around, before crashing down onto the ground before me, limping away from the distance.

Attacks are the usual in Harroway Woods, but someone was here, and they did a lot of damage. I sniffed the air to trace the smell, but only the scent of rotting meat filled my nostrils. If only I wasn’t so far from the nearby area that was only a short distance from the gate. I could’ve gotten an escape. A way out. A light shot from the ground and glistened in my eye. It shone only brighter as I made my way to it. Picking it off of the ground, I found something that was maybe just the thing I needed for an escape. I held the small crystal between my forefinger and thumb and directed it to the sky, squinting at its magnificence.

It was a small stone pendant, as blue as the waters that I used to gaze at. It hung from an even shinier silver chain. The owner was a girl. That, I was sure of. Could this get any easier? Girls were so much easier for a male like me to deceive. I closed my hand over the pendant and walked with confidence to the gate that led to the only place this girl could’ve come from. The same place I was forever banned from. Calambria.

Stooping down behind the tall bushes that surrounded the gate, I looked out for the person who could possibly own this precious pendant and sniffed at it to make sure. The campus was quiet. Hardly anyone was out in the heat of the sun, but to my surprise, three young creatures stepped out of the old school building. My eyes widened at the sight of the first creature, though I didn’t know why. She was a Nephal, I presume. She stopped and turned back, looking into the woods, as if sensing me. I held my breath and took a step back, but was still unsure if she was the owner of this pendant. Whether she was or not wasn’t as important as to what I felt. This girl, whoever she was, was longing the same feeling -the same hope- as me.

Escape.