10 Senious Avecum

• Dedicated to Franz

Dedicated to one of my guy friends, Franz, for not hesitating to read any story I send his way ^.^!

*Chapter not proofread.

፠CHAPTER TEN፠

Kaiti opened the door early next morning to find me at the foot of my bed, hugging my knees. I wasn’t able to sleep last night after seeing that figure. What have I done? I’d gotten myself into something I know I’d regret, no matter how bad I wanted to escape. She stood at the doorway, confused for a second, then stooped down in front of me, her expression full of concern.

“Nyala, what’s the matter?”

I shook my head. Should I tell her? Or would the figure create another illusion in my head? Another warning?

“Nyala-” she began, but Chayn stumbled into the room before she was to say anything else.

“I’m getting real sick-” as his eyes fell on me, his words dragged on longer. “of, this, job.”

He eyed us for a moment, then stuffed his hands in his pockets as he leaned against the door frame. “What’s the matter with her?”

“I don’t know.” Kaiti answered.

I never saw her like this; with such a frown on her face. It didn’t look good on her at all, especially since I was the one who caused it. A knot formed in my stomach. I couldn’t let them worry. I could’ve cared less about Chayn, he wouldn’t care after all, but I did care about Kaiti. She’d done so much for me since I came here.

“Well,” I said getting up slowly and brushing off my hands. “It’s nothing bad. I was just thinking.”

Kaiti eyed Chayn and whispered to me so that he couldn’t hear. “Of escape?”

It wasn’t in my mind at that moment, but since she brought it up, it wouldn’t hurt to agree. I nodded and strolled into the bathroom before any of them could say something.

After classes, I made sure to ask Kaiti to go straight to the library, but before I was able to step out of the classroom, Chayn stood beside me.

“Can you give me some space?” I asked.

“Sure.” He said flatly and took a step back.

I folded my arms and glared at him. “You know that’s not what I meant.”

“I did.” He replied, then glared right back at me, his stare cold and deadly. “Why do you want space, anyway? Doing something suspicious again?”

My heart skipped a beat. I couldn’t plan my escape with him peering over my shoulder every second. My chances would be ruined.

“Actually,” Kaiti stepped in. “We’re going to do research for class again and we just don’t want your presence.”

I slowly let out the breath I’d been holding. Once again, Kaiti had done me a favour, this time without even knowing it. She scoffed and chuckled inwardly. “Actually, that would be a lie. I like your presence.”

She wiggled her eyebrows and smiled. This only made me gag.

“Kaiti,” I said as I playfully hit her upper arm. “Stop.”

Please do.” Chayn joined in and made a face of disgust.

He sighed and passed his hand through his hair. “I’m not leaving. I get paid for this kind of thing.”

“You get paid for stalking? Sounds easy enough.” Kaiti winked and pulled me along. “Let’s go. We’ll just ignore him while we research.”