Chapter 14

I'm such a slow writer! I'm sorry, I hope you guys aren't mad ;) Summer is coming to an end :( just a couple more weeks and I'm back in school... Oh well, enjoy! comment! vote!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could feel Flintpaw's eyes on my back. He was waiting for me to react. But what could I say? I love you too? But did I love him? Was I in love with Flintpaw? It all seemed too far-fetched. I had a destiny. There probably wasn't even time to have a relationship. Well I had to tell him something.

"Flintpaw..." My voice broke off.

He looked me straight in the eyes. "Yeah I know Lavenderpaw."

"What?"

"You don't feel the same way about me. At least not now. I just.... I just want to turn back time! I'm sorry Lavenderpaw. I'm so sorry."

"No, no. It's not like that! I-I-I can't." I stuttered.

"You can't?"

"Yeah... I can't. We're only apprentices Flintpaw. Maybe later but just not right now. I have.... Things I need to do."

"Right. Things." This time Flintpaw turned and left. His tail was rigid and stiff while his gaze was fixed straight ahead.

I sighed. Why did life have to be so hard? I felt at least a hundred eyes on me. Why Flintpaw had to tell me he loved me in the middle of camp? I don't know... I found Roseshine in the crowd and approached her.

"Can we go do something? Like hunting or training, it doesn't really matter what." I just wanted to get out. Everyone was staring at me and I hated it.

"Lavenderpaw!" Roseshine replied. "You've got a bloody nose and you think I'm going to take you out hunting."

"Oh. I forgot about that."

"Yeah I could imagine your mind was occupied with something else."

I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm just kidding, sorry." She smiled at me. "I think Nightblossom's with the kits so you can say hi to them again while you get that nose checked."

I nodded. "Those kits better like me because I see them so often!"

Roseshine flicked her tail over to a shady spot. "I'll be there when you're all fixed up."

I headed to the nursery. When you got close enough you could her the mewling of kits and that's exactly what I heard. They sounded so young and happy!

My eyes adjusted to the lighting in the nursery but I already knew where everyone was due to their scents. Ashlight was fast asleep while Redwind was watching the little kits curled up by their mothers belly. Bluepaw looked like she was about to fall asleep too where she was sitting.

"Bluepaw." I meowed quietly, trying not to wake anyone else.

Bluepaw jumped in surprise while Redwind just flicked his ears. Morningkit let out a little yawn.

"Lavenderpaw! Wow you scared me!"

I shushed her. "Don't wake them up!" I whispered.

She nodded and led me outside. "What do you need?"

"Well I think it might be obvious." I wiggled my nose.

"Oh yes, I see now." She let out a big yawn. "I just didn't notice it before."

"Yeaaaaah, maybe Nightblossom should do this instead. Where is she?" I had been looking for the other she-cat in the first place and Bluepaw didn't really seem up for the job.