Chapter 18

Hiii guys! :) I know I suck.. I'm the slowest writer in the history of the universe! I think about writing all the time but then when I start I write about two paragraphs and then get bored :/ It's not writer's block or anything, I just haven't been in a writing mood for a while... Hopefully I''ll get back in the mood soon! I get all these comments asking for me to hurry up and stuff and it just makes me so sad 'cause I feel like I'm letting you guys down! Don't get me wrong, I love the comments 'cause you always add how much you love the story! Sometimes I get so muddled when I write this story because I take so long intervals! So sorry if some things get weird, I normally try to check up on my facts but sometimes I'm too lazy ;)

Well here it is, I hope you enjoy it!

*****************************************************************

Maneuvering down to the camp was pretty tough and by the time we made it everyone had noticed our presence due to all the sound we were making. All eyes were on us. I gulped and moved a little closer to Sparrowflight.

Whispering filled the camp.

"WindClan?"

"Is that WindClan?"

"There's the WindClan deputy, what's he doing here?"

"WindClan can't be here, they're the enemy!" A small gray she-cat meowed.

Enemy? They're calling us the enemy? I had never seen or heard what other cats thought of us, this was pretty much the first time I've met cats from other Clans with the exception of Owlfeather, Creampaw and Berrypaw. I knew we were technically "at war" but I didn't know it was this serious. Nothing really big has happened between the Clans yet. I know that ThunderClan and ShadowClan didn't go to the last gathering so RiverClan's leader and Robinstar decided there was no point in continuing with the gatherings. I was hurt because I had never been to a gathering, I had waited so long for it. That was going to be the best part of becoming an apprentice other than the obvious part of exploring the territory. Flintpaw and my brothers got to go to a gathering...

"Where's Litchenstar?" Sparrowflight asked.

Litchenstar. The ThunderClan leader. I didn't know much about him. I did know that he had been leader for a long time. Many of his deputies have died, that's why Goldfleck is so young. Rumors have passed through the Clan. Some say that Litchenstar never goes into battle. He sends his deputies first and puts them in charge. That's why so many have come and gone and why he is still the leader after so many seasons.

"Why would Litchenstar want to speak with scum like you?" A spiky brown tom hissed.

Redwind hissed right back. "Shut your mouth Thornpelt! You have no right to speak to a deputy like that!"

A dark laugh sounded from behind Thornpelt. Fallenpaw appeared from the shadows. His dark blue eyes gleamed in the sunlight. "We can say whatever we want." He meowed with his deep voice.

"Yeah, we are stronger than you anyway." Fangpaw's meow mad me jump out of my skin. Had he been behind me this whole time?

 "We outnumber you." Another cat meowed.

The same gray she-cat who spoke before hissed at us. "You wouldn't stand a chance." 

Flintpaw tensed up beside me. His ears went back and his tail kept lashing back and forth.

I laid my paw on top of his and felt that his his were unsheathed. His eyes darted down at me. 

"What?" He growled.

"Stop." I whispered. My eyes looked straight into his. "This isn't helping at all."

A big brown cat stalked up to Sparrowflight and went right up to his face. "You have no right to come into our Clan and tell us what to do." He hissed.

Sparrowflight stretched his legs and curled his back. He towered over the cat but the ThunderClan tom still didn't flinch.

Everyone's ears pricked as a creepy, maniacal laugh echoed around the camp.

"Now, now my subjects. That's no way to treat a fellow Clan, even if they are so low they don't even deserve the territory that belongs to them."

I looked up and saw a large ledge jutting  out from the camp wall. Standing on that ledge was an old, matted tom. His whiskers were bent in all directions and his bones showed through his dirty fur. One ear was missing a large chunk. His amber eyes darted back and forth across the WindClan patrol and his back was hunched over.

"Who's that??" I asked Redwind quietly.

"That's Litchenstar." Redwind scoffed. "That's ThunderClan's leader."

Litchenstar let out a few more laughs before hopping down from the ledge. He was surprisingly mobile for an old cat. The tom wandered over to my father and made a crooked smile. "Can I help you?"

My father didn't move a muscle.

"Oh! Sparrowflight, deputy of WindClan! Do you really have nothing to say?"

"We're here to warn you." Sparrowflight meowed curtly.

"Warn us?" Litchenstar gasped. "Did you here that everyone? They're here to warn us! Aren't we all sooo scared?"

ThunderClan broke out into a mixture of laughter and cats yowling about how scared they were.

I rolled my eyes as Fallenpaw and Fangpaw stared at me with their creepy smiles. What was with this crazy Clan? They were all weird! Litchenstar was definitely too old to be leader!

"I don't know if I can take you seriously right now." Sparrowflight growled.

I flicked my ears in discomfort. I wanted to get out of here. Funny how this was what I was most excited to do and now that I'm here I just want to get out as fast as possible.

Litchenstar kept mimicking everything Sparrowflight said. Any other cat would have snapped and gone crazy but my father stood tall and stared into Litchenstar's eyes. He didn't want to risk any cat's life so I knew he wouldn't attack.

"I have nothing more to say." Sparrowflight meowed.

Litchenstar's faced turned serious. "Then get out of my territory rabbit scum!" He spat.

My eyes widened. What was wrong with this cat? His mood went up and down and his temper exploded out at random times.

Sparrowflight didn't say another word. He just turned around and walked out of the camp. We all trailed after him. I gave one last look back at ThunderClan camp. They were all watching us with solemn faces. Fangpaw and Fallenpaw were nowhere to be seen. I could swear that they would probably follow us through the forest until we reach the river, silently of course.

We eventually did come to the river. Everyone had stayed silent the whole trip. I had walked behind Redwind and Foxheart. Flintpaw was somewhere ahead, making me the last cat in line.

The river was just as cold as it was before. Even worse when you didn't have the encouragement of your clanmates or the sneering faces of your enemies to push you forwards.

I couldn't wait to be back home so that I could curl up in my nest and rest. That's all I needed. Rest.

By the time we got to camp, everyone had gathered in the clearing. Once they saw our faces they knew not to say anything at all. Not even Badgerpelt uttered a word.

Sparrowflight went straight to Robinstar's den, most likely to discuss the whole situation. I went to the apprentice's den and tried to ignore my sister's stare. I knew I should have told her everything but I couldn't. Not right now at least. I'd tell her in the morning.