Chapter 2

Comment if you like it :) i want some feedback! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 My heart was pounding. Out of the corner of my eye I could see my mother freeze. I saw horror in her eyes as she turned to Robinstar. They locked eyes and Robinstar looked at Lilyfeather with pity. Tears started running down my mothers face.

"They're just kits!" She screamed. "Just four moons old!"

I wanted to run to her, to comfort her, to tell her it was okay. But my paws weren't working. I couldn't move. My father ran over to her though. He stopped her sobs.

Raintail stepped forward. Flintkit and Stormkit followed her. Snowkit held back. Raintail turned around. I could see that she was also sad to have her kits taken away from her.

"I'm not ready." Snowkit whispered.

"I know you are." Raintail replied. "Think of what a great warrior you'll become for Windclan, everything you can do."

"You really think I'll become a good warrior?" Snowkit asked.

"Of course I do, you are my daughter after all." Raintail meowed.

Snowkit smiled and padded up to her brothers where they were standing in front of Robinstar. I wasn't listening though. I was watching Raintail. As soon as Snowkit had walked away Raintail had collapsed next to Lilyfeather.

I was watching them until I heard my name. Raintail's kit's naming ceremony had ended. It was our turn now. My mother started wailing again. Raintail put a comforting tail on her shoulder. My father walked over to me and pushed me to Robinstar next to my siblings.

"Thank you Sparrowflight." Robinstar said to my father.

Robinstar started with Riverkit. I closed my eyes and thought of reasons that this was a good change. I would get to see the forest before any kits my age could. I could become a great fighter and hunter too because I would learn from such a young age. My thoughts were ended as Robinstar stepped in front of me.

"Lavenderkit," Robinstar meowed. "from this day until you recieve your warrior name you will be called Lavenderpaw. Starclan, I ask you to guide this new apprentice. Set her paws on the path she must follow to become a warrior." My heart was beating harder then it ever has. I had missed all my siblings ceremonys. What mentors had they gotten? Who am I going to get?

"Roseshine." Robinstar called. I turned my head to see the cream colored she-cat being pushed towards her by a tom cat I remembered was Roseshine's brother, Dawnflash. Sitting next to him was Flintpaw. The dark gray-and-white tom was stretching up to Dawnflash's size trying to seem bigger then he actually was. "You will be mentor to Lavenderpaw." Robinstar continued as Roseshine stumbled up to Lavenderpaw. "You are a young warrior and your hunting skills are exceptional. I know that you will pass these qualities on to Lavenderpaw."

Roseshine dipped her head. I followed her example. Robinstar stepped back. From what I had heard from Raintail about apprentice ceremonies was that after they were done our clanmates would call our names to congratulate us. No one was though, they were all filing back into their dens. This wasn't a thing to celebrate. We hadn't even lost our kitten fluff yet.

Now I ran to my mother. Her quiet sobs had stopped. I rested my head on hers. She opened her eyes and looked at me. "Your so brave." She whispered. "I became an apprentice at eight moons old because of a foot injury...." My mother had never told me this. I was shocked to hear that. I had never seen her limp. She was so strong. Lilyfeather continued. "I'm so proud of you. Try your hardest and I will always help you."

I saw Roseshine motioning to me with her tail. I licked my mothers cheek and hurried over. "What do we do first?" I asked.

"When I was a apprentice my mentor showed me the territory first, we could do that." She answered.

Roseshine was obviously new to this but I had heard that she is a great warrior. We headed to the camp exit but we were stopped just short of it.

Sootheart, a senior warrior, had stopped us. Next to him was Sagepaw. That must be his new mentor I realized. Sootheart started explainig. "Robinstar said we are supposed to skip showing the territory and go straight to fight training."